This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 69Hurstsc View Post
    Yes. I bought the car from Jeff. The car has had a very rough life and will need a complete restoration. Below are a couple pics of the SC.

Lotsa nostalgia there. Thanks for sharing.

Comment

Originally posted by jollywrencher View Post

MINNESOTA DRAGWAY - 1969

"Denny Dunkirk of the Torquers Car Club in Minneapolis, Minnesota built his Austin two door sedan in 1966 under the name "DUNKIRK SIGN CO." The Austin was powered by a 420 cu. in. Ford motor and later ran AA/G using a blown SOHC Ford 427. The car won numerous car show awards in the Minnesota area. The Austin was sold minus the motor in 1971."
      I built another one in 2009 as a streeter. 440 Dodge powered, automatic, air conditioned-fun to drive here in Lake Havasu City,AZ.

Comment

Hi Denny, do you have any pictures of the car you built?

Comment

Man....Do I remember this....

http://www.austinworks.com/gp-dd.html Were was the Tick Tock Diner?

Comment

Originally posted by 57 300 View Post
            http://www.austinworks.com/gp-dd.html Were was the Tick Tock Diner?
            Not for sure but on east Lake St. It later became Talk of the Town diner at some point.

Comment

If your talking "Town Talk Diner"...It wouldn't be that.I miss that place when it was just five booths and a counter.The Link sisters had it for many years and sold it.It then biggened up and became yuppified.I think it closed a year or two back as someone (co owner)was steal'n all the money.

Comment

Jumpercables I found some info that you are correct.The Town Talk had been named Tick Tock at one time.Thank You!

Comment

Well,the Tick Tock was on 7th and Hennepin.It was a Town Talk (Pearson) diner at one time.I wonder if Denny was returning from MAS talking Cammer engines with Gary K......smile

Comment

all I get is a hazy photo with Photobucket over the pic

Comment

Originally posted by wisconsinjimmy View Post
                      all I get is a hazy photo with Photobucket over the pic
                      That's what happens with photobucket, they let you have only so many pictures and then BAM they fog them trying to get you to pay to look at them or even get your's back. Kind of a dick move on their part.

Comment

Working...
                      X