Comment

Clyde Birch
      Always on the hunt for info from Amber Green Dragways from 1970 - 1977

Comment

Alley Oop

Comment

Drag n Wagon

Comment

Comment

Thanks for posting those pics, Great stuff. Keep them coming.

Comment

Originally posted by Eracer View Post

Clyde Birch
                Cool picture from Amber Green, thats my Dads car behind the Mustang. You can read the door "ALLEY OOP"
                ------------------------------------
                Let the hating begin!

Comment

Eric.... Just curious why would John Foster the Mn. Dragways track Mgr. from 1959 to 1973 give you permission to make the last run down the track when the track closed in Sept. of 1976 & he wasn't the Mgr. then ??? Could it have been some one else like Dave Ames, T.J.Bell or the Lady (sorry I forget her name) that also ran the place before it closed ???

Comment

I was there the last day, it was very sad.

Comment

Dave Ames was the last manager as I remember.Saddly, he passed away some years back.

Comment

This thread brings back memories. Was Roger Wilhemy the guy whose brother was a mechanic at Egbergs Harley Davidson and rigged the car with Nitrous before anybody even knew what it was ? I remember a Corvair coming to the line blowing black smoke because it was so rich and after the launch it miraculously cleaned up and ran like a bitch !!

Comment

Originally posted by 57 300 View Post
                          Dave Ames was the last manager as I remember.Saddly, he passed away some years back.
                          Sorry to hear that. What happened to Dave? The last time I saw him was when I attended the division 5 bracket finals at Thunder Valley.

Comment

"Ames David J., age 57, of Farmington, suddenly at his home on July 3, 2002".....Just up and died I guess.Thunder Valley would have been 1990.I was there too.

Comment

Never knew he had anything to do with Minnesota Dragways. Bob Doolittle, yes. I remember Dave Ames and Dick Roe were the guys at B.I.R.

Comment

mounds view police cop cars and a green 69 charger

Any body in here have any photos from 69 - 71 with the mounds view police running there Squad cars down the strip at all ? My Father was a Police officer for them and I remember going with him a few times when they were doing security for North Star and they would run there cars down the strip at the end of the races just to see what they would do. If I remember they were using ford LTDs at the time with 428s and mopars with the 440s just after they quit using the old black ford station wagons back then !If any body does post it on in here so I can look at them as this would bring back some memories of my now deceased father ! Also I am looking for some pictures of a dark green 69 dodge charger that used to run at North Star just before it closed the doors that me and a friend raced there a couple of times ! Thanks !

Comment

Working...
                                X