725 BG carb

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 725 BG carb

Now that I have a BG carb I thought I would do some reading up on these before I get lost and from what I can tell they are a lot diffenent than holleys.

First: take them apart and clean the crap out of them as BG has had a troubled past with cnc chips getting into the small passages as their Quality control had not been good.

Second: Despite what people and myself incude these are jetted as I have read on many sites too lean. I had though that 76 jets in the front of this carb was too rich but it turns out that most of these are lean at WOT. and I think BG uses different low and high speed bleeds compared to holleys.

Third: get it to the track or dyno so you know which wat to go as this year with JHM's help I was able to see that my street car was too fat when I though it was lean.

I will post more about these carbs and now that I own one I am impressed how nice they are compared to holleys, We wil see how much better or worse they are compared to eddys and holleys next season.
    Last edited by MR.hp; 01-04-2009, 01:15 PM.
Working...
X