'71 Pinto vs '71 Pinto

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• '71 Pinto vs '71 Pinto

Cars: '71 Pinto 1600cc 1 bbl 4-speed vs. '71 Pinto 2000cc 2 barrel automatic. The battle of the 1600cc Great Britain engine vs 2000cc German.

My friends sister had just moved back to So Ill from Washington with her 1600cc Pinto Runabout. She immediately found out she was being stationed in the Phillipines (W.A.C.) and asked if we would mind taking care of her car. Being that we were only 16 and had no transportation, we were excited.

No more than 2 weeks after his sister left town, this guy pulls up in a 2000cc and asked if we'd dare try him. We told him we'd only run from a stand still and he agreed. He first wanted to make a couple passes to clean the junk (carbon) out of his engine. He tried doing a burnout, but no luck. We had a can of Schlitz and poured that under his right rear and then the burnout worked.

Anyway we lined em' up and when the guy dropped his hand, the 1600 "left the line hard" and had the auto by at least 2 car lengths right away. My friend revved the 1600cc to 40mph in first and banged 2nd, but the 2000cc had gained back a car length. The 1600 grabbed 3rd and due to the extreme ratio difference, the 2000 auto was now door to door. He continued revving the poor 1600 in 3rd until I could swear I heard the engine say "No mas, no mas".

The 2000 was pulling away from us and there was nothing we could do about it. Too bad they didn't have nitrous back then, because it would have been a "bitchslap production" victory for us. We walked away with our pride hurt, but how could we really feel bad? The Pinto was better than riding bikes anyday. lol

Ha Ha Bitchslap that cracks me up:lol:

Comment

Originally posted by Z28SSMAN View Post
      We had a can of Schlitz and poured that under his right rear and then the burnout worked.
      :lol: Good stuff.

Comment

Working...
      X