• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is this orange88

Getting by Ford and an old one at that.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rDSNZw-oDZc

Ouch

Comment

I'm sure that old Ford would trade that win in for a 111 mph trap in the 1/8th and a 900 rwhp dyno sheet. :cool:

Comment

Originally posted by mustangpauly View Post
        Getting by Ford and an old one at that.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rDSNZw-oDZc
        lol thats the run the clutch say "aww helll nooo"

Comment

Yeah, Orange88 along with quite a few others around town are in a tough situation with all that power and torque.

I mean how much power can you really actually use? What kind of clutch will handle the power and if you find one that can...will it make your left leg bigger than your right due to pedal pressure? Once you find a clutch that works, can the car put the power to the ground?

Here's what puzzles me about dyno numbers:
          I'm not using anyone's numbers in particular, but this can apply to a number of cars around town, so please don't be offended Orange88.

Let's say a car dynos 900rwhp at 24psi, but has to turn the boost down to 15 to get it to hook...then isn't the dyno number irrelevant?

Comment

Originally posted by Z28SSMAN View Post
            Yeah, Orange88 along with quite a few others around town are in a tough situation with all that power and torque.

I mean how much power can you really actually use? What kind of clutch will handle the power and if you find one that can...will it make your left leg bigger than your right due to pedal pressure? Once you find a clutch that works, can the car put the power to the ground?

Here's what puzzles me about dyno numbers:
            I'm not using anyone's numbers in particular, but this can apply to a number of cars around town, so please don't be offended Orange88.

Let's say a car dynos 900rwhp at 24psi, but has to turn the boost down to 15 to get it to hook...then isn't the dyno number irrelevant?
            good questions,
            for 08 im running a mcloed street twin with upgraded disks that are about to hold 1000rwhp and its easier to push in then my centerforce DF was

the car can hold a good amount of power before it gets out of hand.
            i like running on my street tires so i had it set up for 4-5psi on 2setup (launch), then as soon as i hit the tires it would wick up to 10psi (650rwhp), then at 5500rpm the car would be moving good so then it would jump up to 15psi (725-750rwhp) for the rest of first and shift at 7500rpm.
            then when the car hit second it would lock out right at 20psi (850+rwhp) and hold there for the rest of the run.
            i did have a few small ramps for when i shifted so the power wouldnt hit super hard and spin the tires. manly due to the fact that this is also the same ramping i used for the street.
            now for this run in the video i wanted to try locking out the boost at 29.9psi and seeing what the tires could take (27-10.5-16 et streets) in race mode(lots of boost). i would have to go back and look at the logger but i think the clutch let loose at like 22-24psi in first and i got in and out of it the hole run and it never came back.
            so really im able to use all of its power as long as the ramping is right for it, and im not trying to do so in first gear

Comment

The boost controller makes good sense.

Hope the new clutch set up pays dividends.

The Centerforce DF's use to be the clutch to use...at least on LT1 cars. I've driven a few and IMO the pedal is too stiff.

Comment

Originally posted by Z28SSMAN View Post
                The boost controller makes good sense.

Hope the new clutch set up pays dividends.

The Centerforce DF's use to be the clutch to use...at least on LT1 cars. I've driven a few and IMO the pedal is too stiff.
                yeah thats what mine was, but it had the dfx disk in it sbc+30psi=

Comment

I really like your car orange88. I hope you can get a decent ET out of it at the track this year, but even if you don't, it's no big deal as long as you enjoy it. I'm sure you've put a lot of time and money into it.

Comment

If it were me and I had that much power and wanted to run a stick shift I would buy a jerco trans, and a dana 60 rear axle for the car.

Comment

Here is the car in question. Stats from fastest run of the day.

Comment

not bad for a full interior and no weight savings car.

Comment

Originally posted by HOTCIVIC View Post
                          I'm sure that old Ford would trade that win in for a 111 mph trap in the 1/8th and a 900 rwhp dyno sheet. :cool:
                          Actually, he wouldn't. He's my neighbor. His car goes quicker than he ever expected, or built it to.

Comment

Yeah you gotta admit he has far too much fun with it. And it sounds great too.

Comment

Originally posted by 602hp View Post
                              If it were me and I had that much power and wanted to run a stick shift I would buy a jerco trans, and a dana 60 rear axle for the car.
                              but then i wouldnt be able to road race and auto-x it

Comment

Working...
                              X