Big Kill today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Big Kill today

The guy I work with wanted to race my kids Grand Am with his V6 Hyundai sonata. Raced the dude 2 times 3 cars and pulling away. Don't matter GM powa still rules dance:rotfl:

lol, sounds like the douche in the saturn with graphics and crap on it from princeton.. tried to race me when I was driving to college a few years ago, 98 grand am gt = win vs saturn until I hit the rev limiter.. saw him come trying to fly past me, not only did I stop his advance by the time he got to my door from about 1 car length behind, but I pulled on him by 2-3 car lengths from 70-limiter.

-Aaron
    87 cutlass
    76 olds 350/t56 3.73's
    87 olds 442 - old mans ride
    355 sbc, th200-4r, 3.73's

Comment

Originally posted by smooth_358 View Post
      lol, sounds like the douche in the saturn with graphics and crap on it from princeton.. tried to race me when I was driving to college a few years ago, 98 grand am gt = win vs saturn until I hit the rev limiter.. saw him come trying to fly past me, not only did I stop his advance by the time he got to my door from about 1 car length behind, but I pulled on him by 2-3 car lengths from 70-limiter.
      And people rag on 3.1 engines all the time, I think they go pretty good. Nice kill smooth. I like racing beaters, used to build them for winter every year.
      Built a 72 SS rusty chevelle one year, Bought it for $100 dumped in $300 car went like hell then in the spring I parted it put for over $1200. In the end the car today even rusty would bring 7 to 8 K.

Comment

I wish that finding old a body's for that cheap still happened. I'd love to say my rusty 72 ss was a beater.. beaters for me equal slow vw's now unfortunately. Don't think I could dump a small block in it, considered the idea a few times, but I'm not sure there is enough room in the bay for such shenanigans.

-Aaron
        87 cutlass
        76 olds 350/t56 3.73's
        87 olds 442 - old mans ride
        355 sbc, th200-4r, 3.73's

Comment

Ha Ha beater racing, I love it.

Comment

He gave me crap at work today that I jumped the gun, I told him that I let him go the second time and asked why he did not pass me if his slownata was so fast. I teased him about having 4 cams and 24 valves.

Just like Glenn said about the slobras, 4 cams and all that BS valvetrain can't get the gob dome like a good old GM pushrod engine and mine is an old one too boot.

Comment

Yeah, I still favor a pushrod V-8 over a 4 cam 32 valve engine. I consider them a simple design vs. complicated.

Is it possible that complicated can be synonomous with constipated?

Comment

<Hyundai>POS
                Last edited by MR.hp; 05-05-2011, 10:40 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Bluetcster View Post
                  Hyundai>POS

:rotfl:

Comment

Originally posted by MR.hp View Post
                    He gave me crap at work today that I jumped the gun, I told him that I let him go the second time and asked why he did not pass me if his slownata was so fast. I teased him about having 4 cams and 24 valves.

Just like Glenn said about the slobras, 4 cams and all that BS valvetrain can't get the gob dome like a good old GM pushrod engine and mine is an old one too boot.

These kids with the imports that think their V-Tecs or Sonatas are fast need to go away.

I realize there are some quick imports around--but seriously--some of their cars can't get out of their own way.

Comment

Working...
                    X