Ran a 3rd gen T/A

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ran a 3rd gen T/A

After getting my arse handed to me last weekend by a stang who's car is pretty quick, I decided to do some work on the car today. It has had some drivability issues that I got fixed today, New plugs, coil and the K&N which I think are over rated was replaced.

The car I tangled with is owned by the guy who used to own my car. He has a tuned port T/A, Nice car by the way and he wanted to have some fun. The first race started at around 30 mph and I pulled it up to 2nd and had a few cars on him. The second race was off the lights, After getting the Z spun up to 5500 in 3rd gear I had 4 to 5 lenghts on him then he let up.

The car runs great again but still could use some gear in the back as the 3.23s are just not doing it for me. I found the right axle is bent so maybe I will put some 4.10s in when I replace the axle.

good kill.

Comment

I still wonder when mrhp will do a 6k launch

Comment

Originally posted by Z28SSMAN View Post
        I still wonder when mrhp will do a 6k launch
        All I can say to that is :rlol:

Comment

I think we should run sometime.

Comment

Originally posted by Bluetcster View Post
            I think we should run sometime.
            We could if you're car is stock, LOL otherwise I think you will waste my little stock Z

The other day at work the kid with honduh S2000 said he would blow my doors off with his stock S2000. I said "let's go for it", He still has not wanted to race yet. Must need a turbo to beat my N/A car.:rotfl:

Comment

Originally posted by MR.hp View Post
              We could if you're car is stock, LOL otherwise I think you will waste my little stock Z

The other day at work the kid with honduh S2000 said he would blow my doors off with his stock S2000. I said "let's go for it", He still has not wanted to race yet. Must need a turbo to beat my N/A car.:rotfl:
              Some years of the S2000 are reasonably quick. The '06 might give you a good run:

2000 Honda S2000 ----- 0-60 mph 5.7 - Quarter mile 14.0

2003 Honda S2000 ----- 0-60 mph 6.2 - Quarter mile 14.7

2004 Honda S2000 ----- 0-60 mph 5.7 - Quarter mile 14.0

2006 Honda S2000 ----- 0-60 mph 5.4 - Quarter mile 13.8

2008 Honda S2000 CR -- 0-60 mph 5.6 - Quarter mile 14.2
              There is more stupidity than hydrogen in the universe, and it has a longer shelf life. - Frank Zappa

Comment

Of course you never can tell if the car has a capable driver or if it has mods. Not sure what kind of mods you can do to them though.

If I recall they rev as high as 8500 rpm. They really shine on a road course.

Comment

Originally posted by Z28SSMAN View Post
                  Of course you never can tell if the car has a capable driver or if it has mods. Not sure what kind of mods you can do to them though.

If I recall they rev as high as 8500 rpm. They really shine on a road course.
                  8500? Boom:lol:

Comment

Actually, the factory redline on the older 2L S2000 models is 8,800. They dropped the redline to 8,000 when they bumped the displacement to 2.15L. There are tons of mods - turbos, blowers, etc. I've heard that low 11s are possible. The rearend is the weak point, as the car was designed for road-racing.

Impressive engine. You get a 247 HP 2L 4-banger with a drag-car redline that idles smoothly @ 650 RPM - and it's naturally-aspirated. No power-adder - even Bob aughtta appreciate that!

Hey Bob - what does your stock Z run?
                    There is more stupidity than hydrogen in the universe, and it has a longer shelf life. - Frank Zappa

Comment

Originally posted by Fast One View Post
                      Actually, the factory redline on the older 2L S2000 models is 8,800. They dropped the redline to 8,000 when they bumped the displacement to 2.15L. There are tons of mods - turbos, blowers, etc. I've heard that low 11s are possible. The rearend is the weak point, as the car was designed for road-racing.

Impressive engine. You get a 247 HP 2L 4-banger with a drag-car redline that idles smoothly @ 650 RPM - and it's naturally-aspirated. No power-adder - even Bob aughtta appreciate that!

Hey Bob - what does your stock Z run?
                      Not sure what it runs Joel, It's just a bomber Z. I do know it's slower than my '68

Comment

Originally posted by MR.hp View Post
                        Not sure what it runs Joel, It's just a bomber Z. I do know it's slower than my '68
                        Ah, I see. I've never driven an S2000, but one of 'em toasted my GTP in a stoplight race - and my GTP can usually manage a 0-60 run in just under 6 sec. At the time, I didn't know that they were in the mid 5s.

I have to do some work on the GN before I can run anyone with it again. I've got a lifter that's ticking rather loudly. Used to only do it for a few seconds the first time I fired it up in the spring, but now it ticks pretty much all the time. Plus, one jug is about 25 pounds down on compression as compared to spec, while the others are within 5-10 pounds. Almost 190k on the clock, now. I think it's getting close to overhaul time.

Joel

Comment

S2000 hondas are slow stock. Motorcycle engine in a car that revs to 9K and no tq.

Comment

One of the guys in the shop was talking to the owner of the 3rd gen that I raced, he thought he should be able to beat his old car easy. Guess he needs to get something faster.:rlol:

Comment

Originally posted by Bluetcster View Post
                              S2000 hondas are slow stock. Motorcycle engine in a car that revs to 9K and no tq.
                              Since when did 0-60 in the mid-5s & 13.8s in the quarter become slow for a stock mass-production car? Last time I checked, high 13s in the quarter & 0-60 in the mid-5s was still considered reasonably quick for a bone-stock, production street car. I don't believe this has changed. BTW - the times I posted are factory-stock times for the S2000.

Incidentally, the '99 Z28 ran the same numbers as the '06 S2000. Using your logic, that Z must have been a real dog, as it huffed & puffed its way to a "grocery-getter" 13.8 in the quarter & a "lethargic" 5.4 sec 0-60 run. Plus, it needed a big V8 just to do that! What a slow, crappy design, 'eh? Or, how about the '02 Mustang Bullitt? What a joke! It barely wheezed its way to a "minivan-like" 13.9 in the quarter, and an "oh-so-pedestrian" 5.5 sec 0-60 run. Wow, what a shitty car. With its big V8, it can just barely keep up with a little n/a 2L rice-burner that's two years older - and the rice-burner will literally run circles around it on any track that has at least one corner. Must be even more of a dog than the Z28, right?

Joel

Comment

Working...
                              X