Nobody Sreet Racing this year?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nobody Sreet Racing this year?

Not much around town this year for street racing. Anyone have any fun lately?

I haven't run anyone yet. I got caught going 104 in a 50 last year so I need to behave for a while ��
    5.55@126
    8.67@155
    www.tntraceshop.com

Comment

Originally posted by shagwag View Post
      I haven't run anyone yet. I got caught going 104 in a 50 last year so I need to behave for a while ��
      Ouch

Comment

Damn! What does getting caught doing 104 in a 50 cost in fines & insurance hikes nowadays? Last time I got nailed at over 100 MPH was decades ago.

Joel
        There is more stupidity than hydrogen in the universe, and it has a longer shelf life. - Frank Zappa

Comment

Luckily he dropped it to 99 so I got to keep my license. The ticket was almost $800 and so far my insurance hasn't changed
          5.55@126
          8.67@155
          www.tntraceshop.com

Comment

I got busted back in '83 for going 135 in a 45 zone, the cop said he reset his gun because the thought something was wrong with it. When he pulled me over he told me he got me for 85, said he could not believe a POS car like mine could go that fast. He was nice and gave me an excessive acceleration ticket, as usual he told me to slow down.

Comment

The last time I got a major ticket was in '73. Had just gone back to So Ill for the 1st time since leaving home to buy my '70 SS-396 4-speed Chevelle. Had my GF with me and stopped at a 3 way stop with a major restaurant where a bunch of Ill State Troopers were inside taking a break. When I left the stoplight, I couldn't resist flooring it and made sure each gear came in just right.

About 5 miles later when I pulled into a Standard station to gas up, a State Trooper pulled in behind me. He politely asked me to sit in the squad with him. He said "son--you're gonna wrap it around a tree". When I saw his name on the dash--Sgt. William Story--I asked if his son Bill played basketball for the local HS? He said with a beaming grin "sure does!" I went on to say how great a player his son was. After I apologized, he said he could get me for reckless driving, speeding, loud mufflers, etc.. but said he knew my car was quiet until I romped down on it, so he'd let me go on the mufflers and give me a break on the reckless, but had to give me a ticket to slow me down. The ticket read: 'improper starting of a parked vehicle'.

About 2 weeks later, I totaled the car as I got back to Minnesota. Still hurts me to this day to destroy a perfectly good 3 year old SS-396. Green with white sport stripes, cowl induction, gage package, console, 3.73 posi. Had a spread bore holley, the previous original owner had upgraded the cam--had headers but utilized the factory exhaust with chrome tips. Just a beautiful and perfect car. The following April, I bought the '71 SS-454 from my brother.

Another So Ill story by baster

Comment

Working...
              X