Getting lots of stoplight race invites from all sorts of cars with the GN

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Getting lots of stoplight race invites from all sorts of cars with the GN

Funny how shit works. Got the GN back on the road after ~6 yrs, and now I get invites nearly every time I take her out for a spin. Shit - even on the drive from Warroad down here after getting her out of storage, I got 5 invites on the trip. Showed a Hellcat some Buick taillights on a 0-30 MPH stoplight run in Grand Rapids (his idea), and also smoked a newer Camaro SS in a stoplight run (again, his idea). Guess the Hellcat's big HP & torque numbers were offset by the fact that @ 4430 lb, it's a HALF-TON heavier than my 3400 lb GN!

More recently, I had one of those factory hotrodded Range Rovers challenge me to a 0 to whatever run when we both turned onto the same highway. I easily took him, but I was surprised at how much turbo I needed. Was pushed into the seat pretty good! (Looked it up online - that blown 5L 570 HP RR does 0-60 in 4.3 sec!) A few hours later into the drive, I got challenged by a Ferrari Roma. Also showed him some Buick taillights - although I was on the rugs, pulling 22 lb of boost on water-injection to take him. He should've been able to take me if he knew how to really drive that thing (advertised 0-60 in 3.4 sec vs my GN's best measured 0-60 in 3.7 sec), but then doing 0-60 in the low 3s on regular roads with any street vehicle isn't easy.

Anyway - I LOVE having the GN back on the road! She gets way, way more thumbs-ups & other comments/attention even from the general public than she did just 6 yrs ago! :D
    Last edited by Fast One; 09-24-2021, 01:24 AM.
    There is more stupidity than hydrogen in the universe, and it has a longer shelf life. - Frank Zappa
Working...
X