Not so good at BIR.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not so good at BIR.

Only managed one pass a day. Friday and Saturday I got one pass on motor and then it rained.

With the new rear, rims/tires, cage and a few other pieces, I gained 50lbs from last years weight.

Well, it took off straight and hooked all 3 times.

Friday:

60' = 1.65
    12.2 @ 109 N/A

Saturday:
    60' = 1.60
    11.8 @ 112 N/A

So, I was getting better...

So, Sunday I change my class to spray the car for the 1st time. I ended up blowing my hood in 2 pieces. After looking at it, I had a N20 backfire as it melted some of the foam around the lining. I believe I had a N20 spike from the NANO system as when I go back to the pits, my N20 PSI was at 1300. Oh, and I need a camera mount as the vid is pretty shaky.

On that run, I ran

60' = 1.55
    11.9 @ 80 mph

I let off at the 1/8th mark.

On another note, 01darkblueTA (Jeremy) made it to top 10 in the SE/2 class. Thats awesome, there was 100 cars.

Here are a few here and there pics.

Sorry to see you mess up your hood.

You'll be ok once you get things sorted out

Comment

Well they don't call it ram-air for nothen...

Doesn't look all that bad..., just be glad you got that run on tape once you get it fixed you will laugh your ass off at it and it's something you can show your grandchildern...

Awesome racing a super drag car like that and keeping pace with him.. I love that shit. Some times when I race guys like that I see them later and say well I could of ran a bit quicker but forgot I left the air on....hehe

Car looks good... !

Comment

Yeah, nice holeshot you put on the drag car. lol

Comment

Sorry to hear you had a bad time I did see your 11.8 run on sat. looked good to bad it rained so I booked after around 3pm. Last time I melted a motor was at bir, Bottle pressure was too high and fuel went lean then motor went

Comment

sorry to hear about your hood man--sweet car

Comment

That would have scared the living crap out of me!

Comment

sorry to hear about the hood, you'll do better next time out, and it would of freaked me out abit too.......

Comment

NAWS is scary.

Comment

Pulled the plugs, and found this today. I need to get some dyno time so I can make sure the timing tuner is pulling timing like its suppose to.

Just did the compression test..
                    #1 = 210 #2 = 215
                    #3 = 205 #4 = 210
                    #5 = 205 #6 = 190
                    #7 = 210 #8 = 215

Comment

Comment

put a race plug in that thing ngk8 ftw

Comment

how much gap are you running? how much spray? and how much timing are you pulling? and you need to run different plugs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E5aBGVPVe0g

Comment

Originally posted by waterbug1999 View Post
                            Pulled the plugs, and found this today. I need to get some dyno time so I can make sure the timing tuner is pulling timing like its suppose to.

Just did the compression test..
                            #1 = 210 #2 = 215
                            #3 = 205 #4 = 210
                            #5 = 205 #6 = 190
                            #7 = 210 #8 = 215

Be carefull the next step is melted pistons just ask 98 cobra s/c about that.
                            I had the same thing at BIR years ago replaced the plugs with colder ones but something else was wrong and melter pistons in my 427 on the next run.
                            I found out I had too much timing in the engine due to a faulty dial back timing light, Have not melted anything since then.

Comment

at the time it was a 150 shot with 4* of timing being pulled. Something wasnt working right obviously.

Comment

Working...
                              X