Congarats to Red Rocket

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Congarats to Red Rocket

I would like to give Red Rocket props for the new ET. he posted up in the timeslip section that little S-10 is haulin' and it's an N/A car.

Again congrats on the new time and post up that video if you have one

Originally posted by 602hp View Post
    I would like to give Red Rocket props for the new ET. he posted up in the timeslip section that little S-10 is haulin' and it's an N/A car.

Again congrats on the new time and post up that video if you have one
    I would like to congratulate him for finally getting it to the quarter mile, it took grove creek to be down this summer to get him there but he got there non the less, I am extremely proud of you Matt

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E5aBGVPVe0g

Comment

Thanks guys, I'll be going back to the 1/4 mile again. Got some chassis and tuning changes to do and hopefully with some good air it'll be in the 8's.

No video though, according to some spectators it had the front tires up about 3" and spinning the back tires hard on a few passes. Very fun ride!

Tork-

Comment

Nice work Matt! Better air and Alt should help you out, that air last weekend was pretty shit.

How was the track, how many people were there?

Comment

those are some sweet times in a pickup. nice work.

-Aaron
          87 cutlass
          76 olds 350/t56 3.73's
          87 olds 442 - old mans ride
          355 sbc, th200-4r, 3.73's

Comment

Way to haul the mail Matt, I'm sure 8's are not far away.

Comment

Originally posted by speedo View Post

How was the track, how many people were there?
              Track was slick. Quite a few were having issues on the starting line. The surface was weird- if you walked it it was sticky, but the starting line was a touch bald. Track was hot too, so that didn't help. Word from the regulars was that it was 2 years or more since it was that slick. Density altitude was between 4000 and 4900 on Friday and Saturday. Best it got Friday night was 3800 feet, my run was about 4400 DA. Sundays air was worse.

Good crowd, 51 cars in Mod Saturday night, good car counts in the other classes too. They had a super stock and stock race, blown alcohol stuff, and a few other oddities.

The Minnesota Maniac blown nostalgia funny car did a fire burnout, that was pretty neat.

Comment

Hope to see you run an 8 then you will be the first Outlaw with the 8 second time unless some of the others who may have run one show up but I think you will take that spot.

Comment

What were your 60' times?

How do you measure the DA? I assume you have a weather station, or is there a way to take the Humidty and the air temp and do it with a calculation? I will have to do a search.

Comment

What track is this?

Comment

Originally posted by waterbug1999 View Post
                      What track is this?
                      thunder valley in marion south dakota

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E5aBGVPVe0g

Comment

Speedo,

60' times were 1.35-1.40. They should be in the low 1.20's.

DA is off a couple of weather stations. I don't have one, but was using someone's at the track. There is a way to figure it out using Barometer, Temperature, Altitude, and Humidity. I don't know the exact equation.

Or- http://wahiduddin.net/calc/calc_da.htm although this calculator seems to figure a bit higher.

Track website-

http://www.thundervalleydragways.com/

Comment

kick ass man, that is awsome, and I love the truck!! that thing looks sweet! Jason

Comment

Haullin the mail for sure! F&$$ that's fast!! Awesome times.
                            2001 Trans Am All Motor 9.75 @139mph

Comment

Working...
                            X