Anyone go to Grove Creek for the opener

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone go to Grove Creek for the opener

Anyone go this weekend? how about the results?

As posted in the Grove thread Red rocket is going 5.8 @ 120's

I talked to Old School and he is going like 10.5'-10.6's NA

Couple of other guys were up there from the board but I didn't hear nothing on them.

Comment

I thought this weekend was the first for the track this year

Comment

Yes you are correct.

I talked to Old School at the track last night when he gave me those 1/8 mile time results.

Comment

Originally posted by speedo View Post
          Yes you are correct.

I talked to Old School at the track last night when he gave me those 1/8 mile time results.
          WTF? Maybe I should have brought my stock 5.0! LOL

Comment

Ahh that's cool, I saw that in the other section and sounds like we need a TCO drag day there, glad to hears it's now up and going.

Comment

Yes you are correct.

It's on now speedo
              I said I was running a 8.5-8.7 with 1.8-1.9 60 foots.

Comment

hmm seems like we have a LIAR on board!

Old school- Looks like that would put you in the 13.2-13.6 1/4 times as an est on the conversion charts

Comment

Originally posted by Old School View Post
                  It's on now speedo
                  not to be a total dick Pete but I remember back in 1987 running about those same times with an over cammed, stock iron headed, stock compression 318, with 4.11's and a one wheel wonder, in a heavy ass all steel 74 dodge dart, what gives? how does a person slow down half a second in the last couple years?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E5aBGVPVe0g

Comment

Originally posted by Pool Boy View Post
                    hmm seems like we have a LIAR on board!

Old school- Looks like that would put you in the 13.2-13.6 1/4 times as an est on the conversion charts
                    Right you are Brady..

It's on now speedo
                    Indeed it is on...as you say...

Not to be a total dick but what I don't understand is how a person picks up over 2 seconds on a 150 hp shot.....

TORK you selling special nitros to Pete and not me or what....?

Comment

Right you are Brady..

Indeed it is on...as you say...

Not to be a total dick but what I don't understand is how a person picks up over 2 seconds on a 150 hp shot.....

TORK you selling special nitros to Pete and not me or what....?
                      thats what happens when you have mismatched parts, the car goes slow but put spray to it and the car goes just a little quicker, still slow but still quicker than pathetically slow

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E5aBGVPVe0g

Comment

Originally posted by 602hp View Post
                        Ahh that's cool, I saw that in the other section and sounds like we need a TCO drag day there, glad to hears it's now up and going.
                        I would be into it but looks like the schedule is getting tight already for the year with the majority of the people racing at MCSO at BIR.

http://www.grovecreek.com/schedule.htm

Comment

It's on now speedo
                          *Note- not to get in the middle of this pissing contest, but the times above are correct. Also, his throttle was/is only opening about 80-85% this weekend. Found it after the second time trial this morning.

Now, the track was much better today than yesterday. Some guys were still having some issues, but they are getting to be less and less. The air however was terrible all weekend again.

This is going to be one hell of a hard hooking fast smooth track once the weather improves and we get some rubber down.

I can't wait!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by torkflight View Post
                            thats what happens when you have mismatched parts, the car goes slow but put spray to it and the car goes just a little quicker, still slow but still quicker than pathetically slow
                            Well then.....since my car is so pathetically slow, maybe I should just sell it

Thanks Red Rocket. Was a fun weekend. How did you do sun?

Comment

I got to the fourth round in B2, down to one of the last 6 cars. Lit the red bulb and went home. It got ungodly hot up there after your left.

Comment

Working...
                              X