No announcement yet.

The Great Pumpkin breaks!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

pumpkin broke again today, I don't care if that thing is a street car, drag car, or four cylinder cavalier, that guy cant drive a stick to save his ass, not trying to be mean because I don't know the guy but I have run a few manual cars in my day, and seen a lot of shitty manual trans operators but I can honestly say orange is the worst I have ever seen, but I did see him go 10.5 at 140, I have vid I will post, but I did also see him go high 12,s, high 11,s and break twice, so all in all, the combination of a bad driver and a car that cant hold the power, I would say just drive it and quit taking up other peoples run time by breaking your car every couple passes, why would someone try and race something that they know is going to break??

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E5aBGVPVe0g

Comment

I would pretty much have to agree, if your shelling driveshafts, walk it out with the clutch a little. I have never broken drivetrain parts on my manual cars

Comment

I also heard the track was shitty...

Comment

Originally posted by waterbug1999 View Post
          I also heard the track was shitty...
          track was awsome, I never spun out once, every run was a good one, track was perfect. who told you it was shit??

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E5aBGVPVe0g

Comment

Well, it sounds like orange had a bunch of highs and lows. 10.4 @ 140 is a good set of numbers though. Tork is right about people who constantly break parts. I compare those guys to people who blow a motor and spill oil but don't pull over which makes cleanup a long process.

Comment

Originally posted by torkflight View Post
              track was awsome, I never spun out once, every run was a good one, track was perfect. who told you it was shit??
              The guy who told me does not post on here. On Friday he said the track was shit. Maybe it got better as the weekend progressed.

How did you run?

Comment

I also saw Biggy run his 10.50 at 140

He's got a twin so its like a button on or off.

I had major shitty tune and the car netted 3 a very cosistant 12.8's the first day. That night I had Dan Pitch and Biggy look at the tune and we basically started over and "dumbed" the tune down by turning every thing off, Ended up running 10.88 at 120 on my only run on Sunday. Belt would slip over 4500 and only give me 5.5- 6 lbs of boost.

Comment

Originally posted by waterbug1999 View Post
                  The guy who told me does not post on here. On Friday he said the track was shit. Maybe it got better as the weekend progressed.

How did you run?

Quite a few people told me the track was not prepped like it usually is.

Comment

Originally posted by torkflight View Post
                    pumpkin broke again today, I don't care if that thing is a street car, drag car, or four cylinder cavalier, that guy cant drive a stick to save his ass, not trying to be mean because I don't know the guy but I have run a few manual cars in my day, and seen a lot of shitty manual trans operators but I can honestly say orange is the worst I have ever seen, but I did see him go 10.5 at 140, I have vid I will post, but I did also see him go high 12,s, high 11,s and break twice, so all in all, the combination of a bad driver and a car that cant hold the power, I would say just drive it and quit taking up other peoples run time by breaking your car every couple passes, why would someone try and race something that they know is going to break??
                    Well it's good that someone watched him run something good but like you said a guy who cannot replicate the same run over and over again is like the Zman also said it's an exibition car. The run I video taped at SNG showed one of the worst reaction time by a driver [orange] and the other guy ended up beating him up with a way slower time. I would let him back on here but it would be the same crap over again so if he wants to post he has a section to play in with some of the others.

Enough about him , Ok Tork what did you run?

Comment

9.90 at 126 and on the brakes so I wouldn't have to stop running the class. I would have did a full pass but I was way ahead and wanted to do a full pass against another competitor but they said that was fast enough go get certified to run 9's

edit: The track wasa prepped fine. I ran 1.37 60 ft

Comment

Originally posted by 1badrz28 View Post
                        9.90 at 126 and on the brakes so I wouldn't have to stop running the class. I would have did a full pass but I was way ahead and wanted to do a full pass against another competitor but they said that was fast enough go get certified to run 9's

edit: The track wasa prepped fine. I ran 1.37 60 ft
                        Congeats on getting your 9 and it is great to see that you did not need any turbos or superchargers to do it. Just good old :nos_smile:

Comment

Working...
                        X