We should start a strip

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We should start a strip

We should open a Drag strip think of all of the money we could make and how cool that would be to own a drag strip

I do own one already. Its called Hwy 35w. LoL!

Comment

Originally posted by Phoenix View Post
      I do own one already. Its called Hwy 35w. LoL!
      :rotfl:

Me too, paypal me $40 dollars and I'll let you run on 94 and for $50 I'll even throw in 494 at a discounted rate.

Comment

I always told my neighbors..........If I ever won the lottery, MINNESOTA will have a new drag strip. I would have auto parts stores and trailers set up for vendors. Restaurants would be a big part as well as FUN things to do with the KIDS. Mud pit's, dyno, go-karts, amusement parks all with one nifty payment of $3.00 per person. Think of the people it would draw and the NEW FOUND weekend extravaganza. You're already a millionaire so why not treat the people to what you already enjoy.

Comment

I heard they were lobbying to build a drag strip just south of the Twin Cities and then it fell through.

Comment

Originally posted by grey1 View Post
            I always told my neighbors..........If I ever won the lottery, MINNESOTA will have a new drag strip. I would have auto parts stores and trailers set up for vendors. Restaurants would be a big part as well as FUN things to do with the KIDS. Mud pit's, dyno, go-karts, amusement parks all with one nifty payment of $3.00 per person. Think of the people it would draw and the NEW FOUND weekend extravaganza. You're already a millionaire so why not treat the people to what you already enjoy.
            Thats why cool

Comment

Originally posted by HOTCIVIC View Post
              I heard they were lobbying to build a drag strip just south of the Twin Cities and then it fell through.
              You talking about the new Minnesota Dragways?
              I agree, we need another strip in Minesota near the cities or south.

Comment

I was thinking we need one in the Milaca area, just a little north but no city action, and no worrys about noise and all that B.S. I wonder how much land you would need to put up a 1/4 mile track with pits and what not.... anyone know how much land they have out at the rock?

Comment

I heard or saw somewhere 500 acres min.

Comment

WOW! Really? that is a lot...

Comment

You know how much they built on at Tri State? I read their build progress, but it didn't say how many acres it was on.

Comment

There's supposedly a strip going in by Moberly Missouri, just north of Columbia east of US 63. Being built on something like 200 acres, adjacent to an existing dirt track.

To get s track going would be tough. The toughest sell would be to the county boards and zoning commissions- they don't want to deal with the complaints. Everyone wants to feel warm and fuzzy, unfortunately when a drag strip is present it seems the competitors are the only ones feeling that way.
                        Last edited by Red Rocket; 03-23-2008, 10:21 PM. Reason: Kant spel.

Comment

Working...
                        X