Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Rock sucked today...

Man... I could not hook for shit.

Last time I was there is hooked awesome, only thing different is I went from a 275 hoosier drag radial to a 26" ET Street...

So, I don't know if its was the tire or just the track. On motor or N20 alls I could get was a 1.71 to a 1.82 60', that was 7 runs.... I got a the wrinkles fixed out of my home built stand alone fuel cell for the N20 and it worked like a champ.

Anyways, only mustered a 11.3 @ 124 today..

Originally posted by waterbug1999 View Post
    Man... I could not hook for shit.

Last time I was there is hooked awesome, only thing different is I went from a 275 hoosier drag radial to a 26" ET Street...

So, I don't know if its was the tire or just the track. On motor or N20 alls I could get was a 1.71 to a 1.82 60', that was 7 runs.... I got a the wrinkles fixed out of my home built stand alone fuel cell for the N20 and it worked like a champ.

Anyways, only mustered a 11.3 @ 124 today..
    Jody, What I have found about the the Rock over the years is that ET Streets are a shitty tire. I put them on my camaro back in the late 90's and had to fuck around with the suspension to get them to hook. One year befor I had good years on the car and never had any trouble hooking there enven when the Rock was marginal. The Street were also a thenth slower than the good years too, I would go back to the drag radials with your car as they also produce a better MPH than a non radial tire.

Comment

rock sucks everyday.

Comment

Originally posted by MR.hp View Post
        Jody, What I have found about the the Rock over the years is that ET Streets are a shitty tire. I put them on my camaro back in the late 90's and had to fuck around with the suspension to get them to hook. One year befor I had good years on the car and never had any trouble hooking there enven when the Rock was marginal. The Street were also a thenth slower than the good years too, I would go back to the drag radials with your car as they also produce a better MPH than a non radial tire.
        Yep.. I plan on going to a MT DR. The Hoosier DR's work sweet, but they wear out pretty quick.

Comment

buy slicks for the track....

Comment

You guys can say what you want about the rock, But I have run my best ET.s there and it used to beat going to the Grove as that track was pretty bad, Now it's redone so I will see this year how it is. BIR has too much BS to go through just to get a few runs in. I used to go to SNG and Mucsle car shoot out but I think to pay all that money just to sit around all weekend is waste.

Comment

Not the track I have a prob with its the owner.

Comment

Originally posted by bbc nova View Post
                Not the track I have a prob with its the owner.
                The problem was not with the owner but the marginal surface and cond. of the track, But I hear that's been taken care of so I will give it a try again.
                Last time I was there I spun my way to a 7.35 back in '94 so I have never gone back. Ted Smith was the owner then.

Comment

I think bbc nova is talking about RF not Grove Creek.

Comment

Originally posted by Z28SSMAN View Post
                    I think bbc nova is talking about RF not Grove Creek.
                    Ok , I see, Well ya, Corda does have his moments and he is kinda like the lunch lady of the racing world. Why would you want to treat people like shit then expect people to buy from you. Must be a new concept in the bis. world

Comment

old man corda's ok. i saw him smile once and he even talked to me once......lmfao

Comment

I got into a pissing contest with Al years ago and stopped going there for about 8 years or so. Just couldn't get along with him. I decided to race the Camaro there and he came over and asked what I had done for mods???? For some reason he likes my Camaro and I like the track.

Comment

Last time we went to the Rock we got a late start getting outta the cities so we showed up pretty darn late and at first they didn't wanna let us in, but we gave them the sob story that we drove all the way from the cities and they told me they'd give me one pass and that's it.

They actually ended up giving me 3-4 passes which they totally didn't have to do and one of em they let me run right back up in line. Pretty cool.

Comment

Working...
                          X