New heads up class at BIR a go!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New heads up class at BIR a go!

I copied this of tcstangs, should be a fun class!!!

Official True Street Announcement

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here is what everyone who has been waiting for, an "OFFICIAL" answer to whether or not BIR will run True street in 2011, YES we will run True Street in 2011 as an experimental class. The rules will be posted on the BIR website in the next few days. (I will let everyone know when they are up). At this time it will be a TROPHY ONLY class. Remember this THE RULES WILL BE REVIEWED, REVISED AND MAY BE ADJUSTED AFTER THE FIRST RUNNING AT THE STREET CAR SHOOTOUT MAY 20-22ND AND MAY BE CHANGED ANYTIME AFTER THAT AT BIR'S DISCRETION TO KEEP CLASS PARODY.
    I will pass on more information as soon as I can.
    Thanks for all the interest and support from our racers who wanted to make this class a part of BIR's racing program.

PLEASE DON'T START ASKING ABOUT THE RULES,THEY WILL BE POSTED ON THE BIR WEBSITE VERY SOON.

Phil Abramson
    BIR Tech Dept

For those who havent seen or heard, you can look on tcstangs site in the drag racing section for a pretty good idea of what the rules will be like.

Comment

Thanks for the info on this.

Comment

Copied from another place>

HERE IS A FINAL DRAFT OF THE RULES FOR "TRUE STREET" LET US KNOW IF YOU WILL RUN IT, IF NO, WHY NOT. PLEASE KEEP THIS SERIOUS, WE ARE TRYING TO GET THIS TO HAPPEN AND THIS IT COULD BE A GOOD CLASS AND ALOT OF FUN!

" TRUE STREET "
        Same chassis and street rules as 2010 Real Street

BASE WEIGHTS*

-3200 N20 SMALL BLOCK
        -3200 SMALL BLOCK BLOWER
        -3300 SMALL BLOCK TURBO
        -3400 N20 BIG BLOCK

WEIGHT ADDERS/DEDUCTS*

-Air to Air INTERCOOLERS MUST ADD 100 LBS
        -POWER ADDER V6 Engine gains a 200lb weight break.
        -Any 4cyl Engine gains a 350lb weight break
        -Trucks get a weight break of 100lb

POWER ADDERS*
        -SINGLE POWER ADDERS ALLOWED ONLY ( NO N20 + TURBO ECT..)
        -N20 PLATES ON BIG BLOCKS ONLY, SINGLE JET, 2 BAR SETUP ONE FUEL ONE N20 ( .063 jet )
        -N20 FOGGERS ALLOWED ON SMALL BLOCKS, SINGLE STAGE ONLY, 2 FUEL, 2 N20 SOLENOIDS ALLOWED ( .028 JET )
        -(.093 ) SINGLE JET ALLOWED ON A PLATE FOR SMALL BLOCKS, 2 BAR ONE N20 ONE FUEL
        -Max of 76mm turbo ALLOWED ON SMALL BLOCKS ONLY, NO METH
        -BLOWERS ALLOWED ON SMALL BLOCKS ONLY, MUST BE A SERP BELT, NO METH*
        -NO N20 PROGRESSIVE CONTROLLERS
        -NO BOOST CONTROLLERS

ALLOWED BLOWERS*
        -Vortech V1 A*-, B*-, S*-trim, Si-trim, V2 SQ S-Trim*,T-trim, V3-Si-trim
        • ProCharger P600B*, P1SC*, P1-SC-1*, P1-SC2*, D1, D1SC
        • Paxton SN*, VR4*, NOVI 1000*, 1200*, 1200si*, NOVI 2000
        • Powerdyne* and/or SVO/FRPP* Street System
        • Eaton M112 Supercharger*
        • Kenne Bell 2.2L* & 2.4L Supercharger
        • WhippleCharger 2.3L 2300*
        * These street-type superchargers may deduct 100-lbs from base weight

-NO AIR TO WATER INTERCOOLERS

-ALL BIG BLOCKS MUST BE STANDARD DECK

-ALL HEADS MUST BE CONVENTIONAL

-FORD A 460 HEADS ALLOWED

-NO SHEET METAL INTAKES

-SINGLE CARBS ONLY

-NO DRY SUMPS

-NO FORWARD FACING HOOD SCOOPES

- MAX 275 DRAG RADIAL

- CARS MUST COMPLETE CRUISE ON SATURDAY OR NO RACE ON SUNDAY ( EXCEPT A FLAT TIRE )

****RULES WILL BE REVEIWED, REVISED AND ADJUSTED IF NEEDED AFTER SEASON STARTS TO KEEP PARITY****

This sounds like a good idea but I am sure there will be those who want to cheat. BIR has never been known to be fair when it comes to class racing. If BIR wants to make a class for the slower cars to compete then get rid of the power adders or make this class handicaped to make it fair.

Comment

This sounds like a good idea but I am sure there will be those who want to cheat. BIR has never been known to be fair when it comes to class racing. If BIR wants to make a class for the slower cars to compete then get rid of the power adders or make this class handicaped to make it fair.[/QUOTE]

I agree things at BIR were not very good in the past, but they are under new ownership as of a few years ago and they are working on making some changes and have already made some really good changes. As far as cheating, your always gonna have that in racing, its a part of it, but this class will be policed by tech, myself and one other, if tech sees something questionable you will need to go to a diffrent class bottom line! This is only going to be a trophy class for fun. As far as the slower cars they car run index, ive done that too and had a great time!! good side by side racing on a pro tree

Comment

Originally posted by tls90lx View Post
            This sounds like a good idea but I am sure there will be those who want to cheat. BIR has never been known to be fair when it comes to class racing. If BIR wants to make a class for the slower cars to compete then get rid of the power adders or make this class handicaped to make it fair.

I agree things at BIR were not very good in the past, but they are under new ownership as of a few years ago and they are working on making some changes and have already made some really good changes. As far as cheating, your always gonna have that in racing, its a part of it, but this class will be policed by tech, myself and one other, if tech sees something questionable you will need to go to a diffrent class bottom line! This is only going to be a trophy class for fun. As far as the slower cars they car run index, ive done that too and had a great time!! good side by side racing on a pro tree[/QUOTE]

This would be a great class if it were 10.0 to 12.0 cars, That is one reason I like the classes at the rock for their Muscle car races. The indexes are fair and you live or die by the class. One thig I have notice lately though is that there has been sand baggers trying to cheat that too. One way to put a stop to that is to make these guys during time trials go WOT and state their class before the eliminations start and then if you are sand bagging the owner should just toss you out. Period.

But racing is racing, Someone is always going to find a way to cheat. I know I have not been to BIR since '96 when the mangement put my camaro in gas class at Show & Go because I had no pass seat, Funny thing was at the time there was no NOS to be used in the gas classes, Turns out that after I bitched about it as others in the class has spray the tech guy said I was a crybaby so I told him to Fuck off and left he track and have not raced there since.

Things might be different now but people I know that go there say the show is slow and they only get 3 runs a day, Hell I can go to the rock and get that and not have to spend a ton and I am home the same day.

Comment

I think this class will be really fun. My car fits perfectly and Im fairly confident spraying 150hp I can go a few rounds. I dont think I would get very far in rs/u or rs/n.
              5.55@126
              8.67@155
              www.tntraceshop.com

Comment

Originally posted by shagwag View Post
                I think this class will be really fun. My car fits perfectly and Im fairly confident spraying 150hp I can go a few rounds. I dont think I would get very far in rs/u or rs/n.
                That was the whole idea! Hope it pans out the way its suppose to

Comment

I would be willing to do this if it would not be the all 9 sec. and quicker show as I and my car is not cetified to go that quick. I am not interested in spending a ton of dough for a trophy.

Comment

Originally posted by MR.hp View Post
                    I would be willing to do this if it would not be the all 9 sec. and quicker show as I and my car is not cetified to go that quick. I am not interested in spending a ton of dough for a trophy.
                    Run the index class, the last two years they paid $200.00 to win class at the forst race and free entry to the next race. Then if you win the run offs they had a $500.00 purse and a snap on box at one of them.

Comment

Originally posted by tls90lx View Post
                      Run the index class, the last two years they paid $200.00 to win class at the forst race and free entry to the next race. Then if you win the run offs they had a $500.00 purse and a snap on box at one of them.
                      I do like the index class stuff. Never tried it at BIR though.

Comment

Originally posted by MR.hp View Post
                        I do like the index class stuff. Never tried it at BIR though.
                        Their index deal is a good time! they have a 10.50 to a 14.0 index, and all the winners of each index race against each other at the end. Its fun, and some really close racing! I won the 13.0 class 5 times, runnered up once and won the class run off once. I had just about as much fun doin that in a 12 sec car as i did running 8s!! Bir was really cool about it, they put all the winners, runner ups in national dragster, and put a picture of me running my Dads fairlane when i won the run off deal. Id encourage you to give it a try!

Comment

The ice class is fun I went a few rounds in the 11.5 index a couple summers ago
                          5.55@126
                          8.67@155
                          www.tntraceshop.com

Comment

Originally posted by shagwag View Post
                            The ice class is fun I went a few rounds in the 11.5 index a couple summers ago
                            That is why I like the Rock Falls Muscle car program, Good old close racing.

Comment

True street was a great time this year. I can't wait to run it again next year.
                              5.55@126
                              8.67@155
                              www.tntraceshop.com

Comment

Working...
                              X