Last Man Standing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Last Man Standing

Was fortunate enough to make it to the Porky's Shootout and ended up losing in the finals to a 10 sec drag car from Wisconsin by .013. Considering I drive my car to Porky's quite often, I felt good about being the last local standing. In fact, it was in full street trim with 17" DR's and didn't even put my new tires on. 6-speed N/A and no line loc. Who the hell runs N/A anymore? lol

The time slip is pretty faded, so here's how the championship went:

Dial.....10.88.........11.95
    R/T......0.59...........0.56
    60'.....1.477..........1.696
    1/8....6.868..........7.692
    Mph...98.77..........90.51
    Mph..116.36........115.04
    left 1st .0136

I didn't want to give him the race with a redlight, so I guess I underestimated his skills a little bit. I had an 11.96 dial earlier but changed to 11.95 because I didn't want to run out. I figured I'd make him run out, but I misjudged and underestimated him and he got me.

A belated post to thank 602hp, Typhoon and Hotcivic for their support. Duster Dan treated me real good too.

Typhoon ran 12.8's with his Ty. No headers, and the little factory pea-shooter turbo. He ran against a Silver Fbody with mods and I think 100 shot. 12.8's to 12.47 I think. haha

We have a lot more in that truck and when it gets warm out, we'll feel good about some frum dig racing against the locals. There most likely won't be any Cobras wanting any though. Can't remember many of them wanting to frum dig. They like frum roll racing. lol

Was a good day for you as your was the last local car to run and at night next year I am going to have the 'maro there with spray on

Comment

Originally posted by Z28SSMAN View Post
      Was fortunate enough to make it to the Porky's Shootout and ended up losing in the finals to a 10 sec drag car from Wisconsin by .013. Considering I drive my car to Porky's quite often, I felt good about being the last local standing. In fact, it was in full street trim with 17" DR's and didn't even put my new tires on. 6-speed N/A and no line loc. Who the hell runs N/A anymore? lol

A belated post to thank 602hp, Typhoon and Hotcivic for their support. Duster Dan treated me real good too.

Typhoon ran 12.8's with his Ty. No headers, and the little factory pea-shooter turbo. He ran against a Silver Fbody with mods and I think 100 shot. 12.8's to 12.47 I think. haha

We have a lot more in that truck and when it gets warm out, we'll feel good about some frum dig racing against the locals. There most likely won't be any Cobras wanting any though. Can't remember many of them wanting to frum dig. They like frum roll racing. lol
      good job...... no bracket racing against you....... heads up only......lol

Comment

Heads up huh?

Yeah right!

Comment

Originally posted by Z28SSMAN View Post
          Heads up huh?

Yeah right!
          Heads up Joe? :p
          I didn't know Cobra owners were allowed in here. LOL:D

Comment

Originally posted by Fast Repo View Post
            Heads up Joe? :p
            I didn't know Cobra owners were allowed in here. LOL:D
            Yeah, Joe must be one of a kind for us to allow him in here. :)

Actually, contrary to what most people may think about me, I have no problem with Fords. Like I've said before, my brother and his sons are into Fords.

It's some of the Ford owners I have a problem with.

Comment

All in good fun. I don't have a problem with Fords either but I love to see them in my rear veiw.LOL

Comment

Yeah the Porky's shootout was pretty fun. I didn't get a whole lot of passes in but to say I drove down there on crappy pump gas, ran four 12 second passes and turned around and drove back isn't too bad.

ZMAN was hangin gears all day long. Runnin within a few hundreths pass after pass. Pretty sure he was one of that last guys out of there before they shut down.

It was a lot of fun watching the locals too. To see all these guys who typically run anywhere but the track, show up and see the times they were running is always fun. Just makes me want to get that stock turbo off the Ty. :cool:

Comment

Originally posted by Typhoon View Post
                  Yeah the Porky's shootout was pretty fun. I didn't get a whole lot of passes in but to say I drove down there on crappy pump gas, ran four 12 second passes and turned around and drove back isn't too bad.

ZMAN was hangin gears all day long. Runnin within a few hundreths pass after pass. Pretty sure he was one of that last guys out of there before they shut down.

It was a lot of fun watching the locals too. To see all these guys who typically run anywhere but the track, show up and see the times they were running is always fun. Just makes me want to get that stock turbo off the Ty. :cool:
                  You sure did surprise that one local guy with the silver z/28 with that one run
                  I think he had to spray you to getcha. I have talked to him before at porks he is a nice guy to bs with Nice z too.

Comment

Yeah he was actually a pretty cool guy. I talked to him afterwards waiting in line for the next run. I actually had my hood popped to try and cool down the intercooler. He came over and looked a little puzzled when he saw what was (or I should say "wasn't") under the hood.

I was a little disappointed I didn't get a shot at that black TB SS that was there.

Comment

Originally posted by Typhoon View Post
                      Yeah he was actually a pretty cool guy. I talked to him afterwards waiting in line for the next run. I actually had my hood popped to try and cool down the intercooler. He came over and looked a little puzzled when he saw what was (or I should say "wasn't") under the hood.

I was a little disappointed I didn't get a shot at that black TB SS that was there.
                      That wouldn't have even been a race.

Comment

It was a fun race to watch but man was that shit cold! A friend of mine owns that trail blazer ss, Gino aka BLKTA. I think he ran 13 something. Pretty good for being completely stock except fot the tune, which he did himself

I'm looking forward to running at the shoot out this year with the cobra. With my pulley set up and overspinning the hell out of eaton, the car really loves that cold air!

Comment

Working...
                        X