Dumbest thing people have ever asked you about cars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dumbest thing people have ever asked you about cars

I had a guy one time ask if I had any 3/4 race cams I said "no but I can make you one". So I took an old racing cam I had hit it on the ground busting off one fourth of the lobes I gave it to him for free and said "Now you have a 3/4 race cam" everyone laughed.

Another guy I worked with at one of the dealers asked what I was working on I replied "the tail lights are inop" and he asked what was wrong I told him that I thought the tail light fluid was low and get me some from parts. Needless to say he couldn't find any.:rotfl:

Anyone have any good stories.

muffler bearings. lol

Comment

When I was in high school, I had a '55 2dr 210 wagon with curtains for privacy. lol

I used to pull into a Gulf station and this guy would come out and ask how I liked my Nomad. I told him it was a 210. He said yeah man...that's a sweet Nomad.

After about the 5th time, I gave up trying to convince him it was a 210.

Comment

what ???? you have to change the oil!!!!!!

Comment

"My buddy used to have a Trans Am just like that."

I had a Camaro

Comment

My brother who got his mechanical engineering degree from the U of M called me because he had suspected that his fuel line had froze--------he asked if he should have put in isopropanol or something when he filled his tank and what to do now.

I said that his hole tank-full was now a big block of ice-----put it somewhere warm so it can go back to a liquid and then siphon it all out because "a molecular change had turned it ALL into water".

I forgot about it for a week untill my sister told me that he had borrowed several gas cans!

This is a true story that really pissed off my dad who is also a registered mechanical engineer that is proud of this idiot son.

Comment

My late father-in-law Rich used to work at a nissan dealership and this guy came in and bitched him out as the wash light was on and he washed the car 3 time and the light never went out. Rich went over to the car filled the washer bottle and the light went out and My father-in-law asked him how he felt the guy said "Am I stupid" Rich laughed along with everyone standing there. The guy just drove off.

That one is my favorite

Comment

One day when I was clownen I told a group of motorheads that I needed to calibrate the piston return spring in the oil injector pump of my oil injected two stroke motorcycle which really dose have a piston return spring. I repeated "oil injector pump" and tried to explain the joke but they never understood and thought I was making excuses. They carried on about it every time I saw them after that thinking that they where all smart and that I had been setup and fooled about the piston return spring jokes.

Comment

was in a parking lot in the mustang and some one said nice camaro I then backed into the spot in front of them and pointed to the trunk and had my kid read the letters on the back M U S T A N G. Dumb look was returned.

Comment

I had the hood on the nova open while at the gas station. Some dude walked up and said nice engine and dam look at the size of that turbo!!!!! I said what turbo? He pionted at the altinator and said that one. Dude that just the altinator. He stood there and argued it with me and thought I was trying to pull the wool over his eyes!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by big block fiero View Post
                      My brother who got his mechanical engineering degree from the U of M called me because he had suspected that his fuel line had froze--------he asked if he should have put in isopropanol or something when he filled his tank and what to do now.

I said that his hole tank-full was now a big block of ice-----put it somewhere warm so it can go back to a liquid and then siphon it all out because "a molecular change had turned it ALL into water".

I forgot about it for a week untill my sister told me that he had borrowed several gas cans!

This is a true story that really pissed off my dad who is also a registered mechanical engineer that is proud of this idiot son.
                      you don't tell storys very well

Comment

I has a freind when I was a teenager who had a 2 stroke bike and said it runs like crap I told him to grind the valves. He went home took it apart asked his dad to send it to the machine shop to cut the valves they laughed at him. Needless to say his dad never wanted me to come over there again. Guess I lost a freind.

Comment

not necessarily dumb but funny "does that thing have a big cam or just run like crap"

Comment

Had to be when we lived in Crystal and I sent my wife over to Red Rooster for some "items". I knew the guys and gave her a list. Oil filter, oil, carb cleaner, go-jo, blinker fluid, spark plugs, thermostat, fan belt.
                            After all the laughter they let her go. She was not smilin when she got home.

Comment

I had a guy who bought a cam from someone and when we were standing there one guy rolled it on the table and it lumped up and down and the guy who bought it said how am I going to get it in the block the lobes are too big. After I looked at it the guy who sold it to him left the bolts in the one end:lol: I said there was a special tool GM had for that

Comment

Working...
                              X