Announcement

Collapse

Posting Pictures

This Announcement is about poting pictures that may be copyrighted. If you post a picture on TCO that picture is yours, But we reserve the right to use it on out site by any member in any forum section.
If you believe that you have a copyright on your picture please note that you must also get permission from the person of him or here to put them up on the internet.
See more
See less

11 Second Jimmy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 11 Second Jimmy

This dude posts over on the syty boards. He's got a 100K mile stock bottom end Typhoon that he just ran 11.22 @ 121 with. He said the track announcer accidentally called his truck a Syclone smdh.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OYSuwaRvM24
    Last edited by Typhoon; 06-19-2015, 10:30 AM.

That's movin

Looks like Union Grove

Comment

Pretty quick for an SUV! Here's one that runs a 10.76 @ 127.9 MPH!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S63FrZlZp4Q

Joel
      There is more stupidity than hydrogen in the universe, and it has a longer shelf life. - Frank Zappa

Comment

Comment

Guy just posted his new PB 10.71 @ 124. Pretty impressive for a little V6. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-df7Paec_0I 1.52 60' 6.82 1/8th @ 101.51

Comment

That Typhoon hauls arse. What's that whirring noise when he pulls to the line?

Comment

Big turbo + big downpipe

Those pushrod motors are no good though...

Comment

Stock bottom end too. Pretty durable motors.

Comment

Yeah I agree it's amazing he's running 10's on the stock bottom end.

I do know he's running Code59. Code59 is basically a free (to my knowledge) software that Dig and a couple other SyTy guru's modified from the original GM code 58.

When they changed the code they changed things like how the computer calculates how much fuel. Extended the fuel data so instead of 81 data points it has stock for fuel lookup, it has like 512 data points. Another example is in testing right now, "Spool up mode", when the computer detects your trying to launch your truck it will change the amount of fuel and timing to help the turbo spool. Something GM never really thought of in the 90's. A lot of other things changed too but just an example.

Under Code59 they also created additional external software/files to help support and tune each truck. Things like how to go faster amongst other things like make the truck drive smoother, idle better, and just run like it should.

I bring this up because I've actually heard local people (previous SyTy owners) say "yeah I had one of those trucks and always popped the motor cranking up the boost" or comments on how the factory motors have glass internals and whatnot (more so on the forums).

Just goes to show if you actually know what you're doing tuning a vehicle (or know someone who does) you can make your shit fast without blowing stuff up. Now how long his current motor lasts is another question with the amount of power he's making but impressive none the less. Personally, I'd sleep a lot better running forged internals with his set up but I think he proved his point.

Comment

Working...
                  X