[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

After new paint job
    [IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

Comment

Those bring back old memories!

I guess I don't remember that ya had that big of a tire on your SS Jon, but I do remember the Cragar S/S 15 x 3.5? front runners. What gear did you have in it?

Hey! There's that Gold Stripe Nova I posted about earlier!

Comment

I remembered I had a picture of that Nova, so I put it on here for you to see,
        I have one of Ricks Chevelle I'll post also.
        I had 4:11's in it, and I think I bought those 15X3.5's from you back in the day.
        Do you remember them Big' Ol Bridgestones I put on it at first when we were at 10,000 Auto Parts??? :rotfl: (I can handle the truth now) They were the bomb at first :lol: but I figured out that they were NOT the way to go, "Kids"

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

Check out the Isley Brothers 8 Track on the dash, :lol:

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

Comment

Pro Tracs were the tire back then.

lol Isley Brothers 8 Track

That was a lot of car for a guy your age back then. Actually a lot of car for a guy of any age. lol

Comment

Those pictures rule!!

Anymore you guys have?

Comment

Originally posted by Z28SSMAN View Post
              Pro Tracs were the tire back then.

lol Isley Brothers 8 Track

That was a lot of car for a guy your age back then. Actually a lot of car for a guy of any age. lol
              Yep that Chevelle pic reminds me of when Jasperson blew out the driver's window

Comment

Z, I remember you had a favorite Isley Bro's song you would play often while you were making a pass in your Chevelle. I found the CD at a pawn shop and every time I hear that song I think of You, O'l Blue (SS 454 Chevelle), Hi lake and North Star Drag Strip. Good memories

Comment

lol. I think it was Livin in the Life

Comment

my dad used to run his/my dart there in the stock class. i have stickers in my back window from there. its kinda cool cuz i work at blue tow right down the street and i plow the medtronics thats there now.....

Comment

speedway tavern

Yes that was the speed way tavern I still have a wooden nickel with the buffalo on the one side that says United States Of America and the other side says compliments of SPEEDWAY TAVERN good for one glass of beer ! I knew the people who owned it at one time Carl and Rita Simons who are both gone now as well as 2 of their kids Mark and Kevin Simons. Mark used to run a 65 GTO out there at the strip at one time and was a mechanic at the crown auto that used to be across from the old Holiday grocery store in Fridley witch is now cub foods and I think the old crown is a Good Year tire store now ! Mark used to tell me about Marv Jorgensen coming into the speed way and trying to smoke dope in there and he had to kick him out a couple of times for that and I think Marv still owns a Polaris dealership on HWY 65 in Fridley ! Good ol times !:harrel smile:

Comment

My Cuda back in the day at Northstar

70 Cuda 440 4speed. Used to be out there most of the weekends having a blast.
                        Attached Files

Comment

At the same time frame

I was a member of the Minnesota Street Machine club and we had our track day out there at North Star. Great bunch of guys back then and had a blast.
                          Attached Files

Comment

Finding some pictures of friends and others cars

Rick Welsh
                            Attached Files
                            Last edited by tcat55371; 05-13-2014, 11:08 AM. Reason: pic

Comment

another

Steve Balej
                              Attached Files

Comment

Excellent pictures!!! Got any more to share?
                                Chad

Comment

Working...
                                X