55 straight ax

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 55 straight ax

here is a car I did for a guy back in august, I had to re stub the front end because someone else hacked the shit out of it years ago, I built the motor mounts trans cross member and steering, and installed the sraight axle and leave spring mounts, kind of a fun project, I am not a huge fan of the straight axle cars but I think they look cool as hell, and it is total Nostalgia, you can look at the rest of the pics on photo bucket, just click the link

http://s232.photobucket.com/albums/e...xle/?start=all

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E5aBGVPVe0g

Who's is that? I've always liked Wurtzberger's yellow one! I don't know how they handle like that but I agree that they look awesome!

Comment

Originally posted by ReRod View Post
      Who's is that? I've always liked Wurtzberger's yellow one! I don't know how they handle like that but I agree that they look awesome!
      this belongs to Mike Heinen, he is the local mac tools jockey

Comment

Originally posted by torkflight View Post
        this belongs to Mike Heinen, he is the local mac tools jockey
        Don't know the name. Think he'll have it out this summer?

Comment

That's just cool looks like the twolane blacktop car

Comment

Those are some crazy headers!

Comment

wheel well header's............

Comment

Rerod, you like Wurtzy's yellow one huh? Well that used to be my wife's uncles car back in the day. When he was young and drunk one night he rolled the sucker over and totalled it out! I think it was orange at one time or another. Her uncle is in his late 40's now and goes to those car cruise in's and still stands back and ogles that thing everytime he sees it. I think he could kick himself over and over again!! Traver
                2001 Trans Am All Motor 9.75 @139mph

Comment

Yeah, that car is extremely nice now! Glad it was saved

Comment

Originally posted by ramairws6 View Post
                    Rerod, you like Wurtzy's yellow one huh? Well that used to be my wife's uncles car back in the day. When he was young and drunk one night he rolled the sucker over and totalled it out! I think it was orange at one time or another. Her uncle is in his late 40's now and goes to those car cruise in's and still stands back and ogles that thing everytime he sees it. I think he could kick himself over and over again!! Traver
                    that car used to be wurtzys dads car, so your wifes uncle must have bought it from him, when his dad had it it was yellow just like it is now, he built it off of old pictures of it that his dad had.

Comment

Ya, I don't know about that but it was once owned by Myron Seidl, just ask him. Also, Jerome had a black 56 Chevy that he bought from my aunt and uncle who divorced. Growing up that old car was sitting there for 20 years undone. It was a green and white California car without a motor and trans. When it finally went into his bodyshop I couldn't believe he was going to finish it! When it finally got done they split up and sold everything. Still don't know what happened to that car today? Maybe they painted it a different color? That car was Myron's car though and Jerome will confirm it. Traver

Comment

Actually Tork I think you may be right..........I think Myron bought it from Jerome and then wrecked it. I'm not sure how Brad got it back? Traver

Comment

Actually Tork I think you may be right..........I think Myron bought it from Jerome and then wrecked it. I'm not sure how Brad got it back? Traver
                          I know I am right

Comment

Another one that's always right?! That's right, you and Speedo do hang together!!:rotfl:Traver

Comment

.....I think Myron bought it from Jerome and then wrecked it.....
                              Ding ding ding!!! We have a winner... I'd have to ask Brad, but I think he bought it out of a garage... I can't remember the whole story.

Comment

Working...
                              X