This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Eric N. View Post
    Just so you know,Hagen kicked Johnsons ass more often than not.
    Hagens' name was usually printed the largest on the fliers...
    www.twintownterrors.com

The Twin Town Terrors are now on Facebook. Like us!

Comment

Thanks for the photos twintown.

Comment

Very cool pic's!
        ------------------------------------
        Let the hating begin!

Comment

I've got a lot of pics, tried the "tinypic" deal, couldn't figure it out, found this pic was only 175kb, seems like it loaded. If I can figure out something to make others work I'll put em on.
          Attached Files

Comment

I remember that car, it was pretty cool to watch race. I was not sure if it was the same one. Love the old C2 vettes.

Comment

Originally posted by Fatcat View Post
              I've got a lot of pics, tried the "tinypic" deal, couldn't figure it out, found this pic was only 175kb, seems like it loaded. If I can figure out something to make others work I'll put em on.
              So, this is you Tangen?
              Let the hating begin!

Comment

yes

Comment

Originally posted by Fatcat View Post
                  yes
                  Hello Fatcat!
                  I'm AL Ptacek's youngest son, Jeff. It's been many years. I thought your Vette was pretty cool back in the day. I have a 71 Demon that I take to Rock Falls and race occasionally. Do you still race?
                  Anyways, I just wanted to say hello.
                  Let the hating begin!

Comment

Haven't made many laps lately. Live 12 mi from BIR now, still have Leroy Psyk's 55 Chev, going to put a 604" in it this winter and maybe do some wed night things next summer. Stop by if you get up this way, I've got some other cars too.

Comment

Sounds good! :treed:
                      Let the hating begin!

Comment

www.twintownterrors.com

The Twin Town Terrors are now on Facebook. Like us!

Comment

I'm guessing the SC/Rambler you are referencing was mine. It was run by a guy named Jeff Smith out of Anoka/Big Lake.

Originally posted by Z28SSMAN View Post

This is the only trophy I got from Minnesota Dragways. I really never raced there much and when I did, it was in the money races.

There were 4 other cars in my class that day, but my SS-454 was the quickest. Another car in my class was one of those Scrambler Rambler multi color cars with open headers. After making a few passes, I pinched a tube in one of my slicks so I had to put my L60-15 Concorde Trac-Action street tires back on. I tried getting the car to hook, but I spun like crazy. I was ready to call it a day when my friend Solomon told me not to give up.

I found out that none of the other cars were going to race me for the trophy and that created another problem. The track record was 12.50 so I would have to run within a second of that in order to get my trophy on a single pass. I tried heating the Trac-Actions up, but they spun worse. They called me up for eliminations. I didn't do a big burnout...only cleaned them off. When the tree came down, I left the line at half-throttle and was still spinning. As soon as the tires grabbed, I floored it and clicked it into 2nd. I ended up running a 13.35 and won this trophy. That was cutting it close.

Comment

That's interesting. Thanks for posting. Do you still own the car? Did you buy it from him or can you give us the history?

Comment

Yes. I bought the car from Jeff. The car has had a very rough life and will need a complete restoration. Below are a couple pics of the SC.

Comment

[IMG][/IMG]
                                Does anyone know the artist or where I can purchase? Thanks
                                Always on the hunt for info from Amber Green Dragways from 1970 - 1977

Comment

Working...
                                X