Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Racer's Exchange

Anybody remember Racer's Exchange?

Wasn't it south of 494 in a strip mall back in the 70's?

Originally posted by Z28SSMAN View Post
    Anybody remember Racer's Exchange?

Wasn't it south of 494 in a strip mall back in the 70's?

You mean dirty Dick and his brother Sam

Comment

Yes, I do, they started out in the back of the GEM building in Bloomington. Dick and Tom Davis were their names.

Comment

Uh...did you exchange anything there?

Comment

Funny you should ask,

I use to sell them all kinds of stuff, In the beginning they bought almost anything, BBC, SBC, cranks, heads, blocks, nothing special but the CASH bought alot of other parts for my Camaro back in the day.

They were actually good to have around, the concept was a good one and could actually work today.

Comment

wow i have not heard that name in awile! they used to have a store in crystal on bass and broadway area. and then they where at 694 and east river road for awile..

Comment

Yes they were a good sponsor
              Always on the hunt for info from Amber Green Dragways from 1970 - 1977

Comment

Always on the hunt for info from Amber Green Dragways from 1970 - 1977

Comment

I sold a ton of parts through them back in the day. Dick intoduced me to Bruce and Kenny at Total engines. Always made go power with their stuff.
                  Kenny is a wizard when it came to head work.

Comment

I believe that we also would stop in once in a while when it was open. Located close to: Here

Comment

Yep remember them. They ripped off my brothers and I. They said they had to move quickly and had scrapped all the inventory. Lost alot of money and parts. Hate to be negative.

Comment

Does anyone have pictures of the Racers Exchange 71 Cuda?

Comment

You mean the BUDA CUDA?

Comment

Originally posted by dragdak View Post
                            Yep remember them. They ripped off my brothers and I. They said they had to move quickly and had scrapped all the inventory. Lost alot of money and parts. Hate to be negative.

Dick and his Brother were good for ripping people off. I had a friend who wanted to race me at the 1/8th mile track. I kicked his ass with a little to nothing combo I built and he had a ton of wrong stuff in his car from Racers excuse. I told him that if he bought the right stuff from me that his car would fly, Instead he went back to racers and bought more of the wrong stuff and the next time I saw him race he picked up a solid tenth and sunk another $1500 in his car. Some people never learn. Humm........It sort of sound like Hiwreck lots o dough for little results.

Comment

For some reason,I thought the Buda Cuda was known as Monkey Business at one time.There seemed to be simian Mopars around in the 70's and 80's:laughing smile:

Comment

Working...
                              X