Soulfull Struters???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Soulfull Struters???

Has anyone ever heard of the Soulfull Strutters (spellind??) they raced a 1968 Camaro out of the Union Gospel Mission? This is what i was told. I am not from the MLPS area. Does anyone have any info or pictures of the car? As far as I know they raced it at North Star and Minnesota Dragway. The car was either orange or yellow.

Thanks Cory

Cory, I don't remember the car. Probably because I only began racing @ those tracks starting in '75. Sounds interesting though. Anybody else?

Comment

It was a BB 68 Camaro like i said it was yellow then orange or orange then yellow. After that it became the Raymond Auto Body car. Then the car was sold to Shogun Ind. . I think Sammy Dercole had it for awhile too. When it was the Raybond Auto Body car it was painted House of Color Maroon w/a white stripe on the side. White hood scoop w/331 on the side of it.

Cory

Comment

Somewhere I also have a picture of them with one of the 68 Hurst Hemi cudas.

Comment

Originally posted by Outlaw68 View Post
          Has anyone ever heard of the Soulfull Strutters (spellind??) they raced a 1968 Camaro out of the Union Gospel Mission? This is what i was told. I am not from the MLPS area. Does anyone have any info or pictures of the car? As far as I know they raced it at North Star and Minnesota Dragway. The car was either orange or yellow.

Thanks Cory
          I remember the name Soulful "Struthers", but I was like 15 years old at that time.

How about Gene Pearson's "Impossible Dream" Camaro?
          Or, Bill Shifsky's "Bear Town Shaker"?
          Life is too short to waste time and energy on hate.

Comment

Originally posted by Tradbuilt View Post
            I remember the name Soulful "Struthers", but I was like 15 years old at that time.

How about Gene Pearson's "Impossible Dream" Camaro?
            Or, Bill Shifsky's "Bear Town Shaker"?

The last time I watched the Impossible dream race was at Grove Creek in the early '90s. the 427 with 2X4's were gone as was the 4spd., But the car, paint and logo were all the same as when I first saw the car race in '71.

Comment

Originally posted by MR.hp View Post
              The last time I watched the Impossible dream race was at Grove Creek in the early '90s. the 427 with 2X4's were gone as was the 4spd., But the car, paint and logo were all the same as when I first saw the car race in '71.
              Although he runs a dragster for the most part,I think Henry Wiebush still owns the car.427?,don't think so.366 ci BB is what I saw and heard using a short stroke combo.Moon shot RPM's and a record holder in B/MP.

Comment

long time since ive checked in here, soulful strutters was black guys from st paul? crazy james.
                if any of you guys went to the mopars in the park last year and saw the dick landy 67 coronet........ that car came out of the barn still painted black with soulful strutters all over it and crazy james on the door i have some pictures of it coming out of the barn somewhere ill post em when i find them!

Comment

Johnny Rivers black 68 Hemi Dart was the only car I can remember with the Soulfull Strutters on car. Gene Pearsons "Impossible Dream" was for sale a couple of years ago. Didnt change a bit. Last time I saw it run,it was running right on the B/MP record of 10:55 sec.
                  Drag Racing,just you,me,and the tree!!

Comment

What did Johnny River's Dart run?

Comment

Class or ET? AllI remember was it was kinda slow for a HEMI DART.

Comment

Oops! I meant what did it run for ET/MPH?

Comment

If I remember right,mid 11s if that. Kind of like that altered wheel base Thunderbolt,white with the American Flag on the doors. Slow.

Comment

Anyone know how it get ahold of Johnny Rivers? Maybe he might know something about my Camaro.

Comment

Or Eddie Anderson? Sound like John Rivers has passed away from what I read...

Comment

Working...
                              X