X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FED Dragster Research

Twin City Outlaw Members,

I am the proud owner of a front engine dragster that made its way to CT
    from MN. I have been doing some research on the car and have managed to trace it back through a few previous owners. Now the trail has gone cold. I was told that the car used to run at Minnesota Dragway in Anoka during the 60's. I only have the owners first name Charlie, he may have gone by Chukk which is on an old racing jacket that I have, from Andover, MN. He had a friend that helped on the car who was an indian. Some other information I have is that they ran under the name Two Dogs Racing. The car ran an inline six and on the side of the canopy it said "Sometimes six is all it takes." I was hoping one or more of your members might remember this car or have information about it. My goal is to trace this car back to its original owner and learn as much about it as I can. If anyone has any information they can e-mail me at richard_peck@sbcglobal.net

Thank you very much for your time.

Originally posted by FEDragster View Post
    Twin City Outlaw Members,

I am the proud owner of a front engine dragster that made its way to CT
    from MN. I have been doing some research on the car and have managed to trace it back through a few previous owners. Now the trail has gone cold. I was told that the car used to run at Minnesota Dragway in Anoka during the 60's. I only have the owners first name Charlie, he may have gone by Chukk which is on an old racing jacket that I have, from Andover, MN. He had a friend that helped on the car who was an indian. Some other information I have is that they ran under the name Two Dogs Racing. The car ran an inline six and on the side of the canopy it said "Sometimes six is all it takes." I was hoping one or more of your members might remember this car or have information about it. My goal is to trace this car back to its original owner and learn as much about it as I can. If anyone has any information they can e-mail me at richard_peck@sbcglobal.net

Thank you very much for your time.

Welcome to the site Richard, I will look at some of the MN dragways video I have and see if it's on there. Post up some pictures of that rail. I really like FEDragsters.

Comment

MR. hp,

Thanks for the message. This is a nice/user friendly site. Thanks for taking the time to respond. I will try to post some pics that I just received from my home track - Lebanon Valley Dragway in West Lebanon, NY. It will be interesting to see if you find any footage of the car.

Richard

Comment

MR. hp,

Thanks for the message. This is a nice/user friendly site. Thanks for taking the time to respond. I will try to post some pics that I just received from my home track - Lebanon Valley Dragway in West Lebanon, NY. It will be interesting to see if you find any footage of the car.

Richard
        No problem and thanks for being a part of our site and we are glad to have you. Please excuse the children in some of the other sections as they are not really interested in talking about cars. Over the winter we will be adding some new stuff on the nostalgic type of racing we all really like with videos, pics and ads.

Comment

I'd like to post some pictures of the dragster...what is the easiest way to do so? I tried to copy/paste them into a post but it didn't seem to work. Thanks.

Comment

I'd like to post some pictures of the dragster...what is the easiest way to do so? I tried to copy/paste them into a post but it didn't seem to work. Thanks.
            Send them in a pm to MR.hp I think he can put them up easy

Comment

Yup, Pm them to me and I will see what I can do and try to get them up for you.

Comment

Image attempt

This is an attempt at adding an image from the car. If this works I will post additional pics. This is a pic of the original cowl from the dragster.

Comment

Additional Pics

Looks like the first attempt worked. Here are some additional pics.

Comment

That's one cool ass dragster, I like it keep those pics a comin'

Comment

Working...
                    X