Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jay Kline Chevrolet

This will bring back some memories.
    Here is an old photo of a place I once worked.

Pretty cool pic. I remember that place like it was yesterday.

How many years did you work there as a mechanic?

I used to buy cowl induction valves from a guy named John. He knew his stuff. He had some type of roadster he would put in car shows.

I never knew the owner. I heard he was kinda cocky.

They had a used car lot across the street.

Comment

Hey Z, I worked a total of 11 years, the dudes name you bought your parts from was John Wibbles, and yes he knew his s_it, he was there for a long time. As I remember you were no slouch as a parts guy yourself.

Yeh, Steve could be that way at times unless you were talking race cars, then he was ok, he was more of a Road Racer (Donny Brook) but he had his share of Muscle Cars too. We worked on one of his cars that was a pretty Rare piece, it was called an Echidna, (a hand made body built on a 57 chev frame) he took it to the Bahamas to race in a Vintage Car Race a couple of times, it was cool.

Here is a picture of it.

Comment

Must have been cool to work on that.

What ever happened to Jay?

Comment

He passed away in the 90's, Steve bought the Dealership from Jay in the mid 80's.
          Jay was a very Cool guy, great to work for and a very smart guy, I drove him around one day and helped him with some dock stuff, we talked alot, too bad I can't remember what the conversations were about, lol..
          :rlol:

Comment

I think Bob knows some of the people who worked at the shop there at Kline.

Is Steve still around?

Comment

I remember when Tommy the junkyard owner in crystal bought a new 69 Z/28 there and went out in front of the dealership and dumped the clutch at 7K and they would not warranty the thing so he put in a Hays clutch.

Tommy still has the car 25K for mileage and unrestored, Just think of what that's worth now.

Comment

Originally posted by Z28SSMAN View Post
                I think Bob knows some of the people who worked at the shop there at Kline.

Is Steve still around?

Old Roy Boy worked there.

Comment

Yes, Steve is still around but not around here, I think he is in Wyoming these days but I'm not sure.

Yes, O'l Roy worked there, and I worked right next to him doing drivability for a couple of years then I went back to the line doing the bigger stuff.

Comment

Working...
                  X