Peanuts the painter??????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Peanuts the painter??????

Does anyone know the name or location of "Peanuts" he is or was a pianter in the MLPS area. He did alot of custom work and race cars. I have a old car he painted in the 70's and would like his help repainting the car. Any help would be great. I had heard he may be in Texas now.

Thanks Cory
    701-721-2896

I remember seeing some of the cars he painted, and was impressed. He usually put his famous signature/logo on the trunk lid. He was well respected here in the twin cities.

When I first moved here, he and Kosmoski were the ones known for custom work if you could stand getting on a waiting list and afford what they charged.

Comment

Originally posted by Outlaw68 View Post
      Does anyone know the name or location of "Peanuts" he is or was a pianter in the MLPS area. He did alot of custom work and race cars. I have a old car he painted in the 70's and would like his help repainting the car. Any help would be great. I had heard he may be in Texas now.

Thanks Cory
      701-721-2896
      Last time I saw him he was painting a car back in the 70's. Your best bet would be talking to some of the guys at the GSTA show this year in April, Bet they would know.

Comment

Hi Guys,

I need your help on this one. I live in Minot,ND. I dont know many people in MLPS/ST Paul. So if there is anyone that aleast knows his name.Thats alll the help I think I need.

Thanks Cory

Comment

Hi Guys,

I need your help on this one. I live in Minot,ND. I dont know many people in MLPS/ST Paul. So if there is anyone that aleast knows his name.Thats alll the help I think I need.

Thanks Cory
          I will keep my ears open for you.

Comment

Asked a lot of guys at the swap today everyone knows him but nobody knew his real name.

Comment

I asked around too and no one knows where he is.

If you are waiting to have paint work done by Peanuts and he's not around, I'm sure any decent paint shop can help.

I had my Chevelle painted by Bill Stenger in '78 and he went out of business, so I had a local guy match and blend the paint just fine. And that's after nearly 30 years. With all the types of paint and technology today, along with a detail oriented paint guy can produce some fantastic results. Life goes on...

If I find anything about his whereabouts though, I'll be sure to post it.

Comment

Thanks Z28SSMAn,

Is that his name then (Bill Stenger)? He moved to Texas if that who your talking about.

Thanks Cory

Comment

Try and search "Bill Gefre" as they worked together.
                  www.NorthstarDetailSupply.com
                  Green four door Chevy

Comment

Thanks Z28SSMAn,

Is that his name then (Bill Stenger)? He moved to Texas if that who your talking about.

Thanks Cory
                    I think Stenger was a different painter.

Comment

Thanks Z28SSMAn,

Thanks Cory
                      No Cory, my point was that if a guy who originally painted your car isn't available, just find a different guy to help you. There has to be shops in your area who can get you fixed up.

My guy (Bill Stenger) went out of business, so what was I going to do? I wasn't going to stop driving the car and I wasn't going to re-paint it, so I took it to another guy I had done business with and he matched and blended the paint to perfection.

Comment

Thanks Guys,

Your leads were very helpful. I found out his name and his number. I called tonite and left a message. Thanks for all the help and advice.

Cory

Comment

peanuts did a friend of mine's mustang that he bought from the car show in 79. He did a wild 10 color flame job on his car and to me it was over kill. now he wants it re-done also but no one wants to touch it cuz it is too much work. don't know his name.

Comment

I know this post is kind of old but found it and did some google searches and found this car he painted http://www.supercarsunlimited.com/in...z/1966Lutz.htm

Comment

Peanuts is moving back to MN from Texas I guess.my dad recently talked to him. Peanuts was at the back to the 50 s in a blue 57 Chev pickup my grandpa put together for him
                              5.55@126
                              8.67@155
                              www.tntraceshop.com

Comment

Working...
                              X