Remember Sox and Martin?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Remember Sox and Martin?

Last I saw of the car was in a junk yard in Aurora, MO well 2 miles West of the town on highway 60 It was in the main bldg I moved in 1998 so anybodys guess if it is still there as the wrecking yard is still there.

Man those were the best cars to watch, Slammin' gears and smoking the tires.

Comment

The carbs on that Hemi had throats you could drop a silver dollar thru, I believe the yard was J and J. Only thing that p'd me off was when those guy's showed up our fee went up also.

Comment

Hard to believe that Pro Stock cars once used 4 speed manual transmissions. Ronnie Sox was the man when it came to shifting. Those were the good old days...

Comment

I have been out of the drag scene for a long time, my daughters ex is still in it and everything is bracket now no heads up. Must be a way to save time just dial in and the lights take care of the rest. I do like to watch Pinks that is the old way and the best.

Comment

Originally posted by wisconsinjimmy View Post
            I have been out of the drag scene for a long time, my daughters ex is still in it and everything is bracket now no heads up. Must be a way to save time just dial in and the lights take care of the rest. I do like to watch Pinks that is the old way and the best.
            Some of us like to go out to the Rock and race the muscle car races, all heads up unless you go out in the firsrt 2 rounds, then there is a consolation race later in the day. I now see that BIR is starting that same program and that's the way racing was meant to be. You beat me, I put more in my car and next time I might beat you.

Comment

Yup you are so right,although back in 1969-70 I had a RR with the 383 and if memory seves me I ran F stock X had to put that car against the 302 boss mustangs, One year at MN DW my partner and I set the track record for the class but I have no idea how to find it now was a long time ago.

Comment

Working...
              X