BIR pics from way back

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by torkflight View Post
    I have a wild vidio of that day somewhere around here, pretty wild weekend. show-n-go 1991
    I still do too. What car were you there with then?

Comment

Originally posted by 602hp View Post
      I still do too. What car were you there with then?
      I was there with the same car I have now, only back then it had a white stripe a 318 4-speed and only ran 13.20s

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E5aBGVPVe0g

Comment

Warren Johnson @ BIR

[IMG][/IMG]

Comment

Titan5 do you mind if I steal your posted pics and send them to Jed ? I think he would get kick out of it . Oh for anyone who doesnt know Jed is the newish owner of BIR hes a friend of mine known him since he was like 6 .

The tornado in 91 was really wild I was there running an 89 red iroc was with a 87 GN , 68 blue chevelle . After we watched a guy drag his nova out of his trailer .... his trailer was on its roof

Comment

Originally posted by StevieJ View Post
            Titan5 do you mind if I steal your posted pics and send them to Jed ? I think he would get kick out of it . Oh for anyone who doesnt know Jed is the newish owner of BIR hes a friend of mine known him since he was like 6 .

The tornado in 91 was really wild I was there running an 89 red iroc was with a 87 GN , 68 blue chevelle . After we watched a guy drag his nova out of his trailer .... his trailer was on its roof
            I remember that, there was a pic of that in car craft I believe, yellow chevy II if I remember correct

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E5aBGVPVe0g

Comment

Originally posted by StevieJ View Post
              StevieJ, Be my quest let Jed see them, but if they become all famous and s__t we will have to split it. :lol:

Comment

Good Stuff!

Comment

Rick Johnson at Brainerd International Raceway 1978
                  www.twintownterrors.com

The Twin Town Terrors are now on Facebook. Like us!

Comment

Dwayne Engness at Brainerd International Raceway 1978
                    www.twintownterrors.com

Comment

Chi-Town Hustler vs. Super Brut in the Final Round of the Northstar Nationals 1982 (Chi-Town won.)
                      www.twintownterrors.com

Comment

I heard Dwayne Engness had passed away a couple of years back.Good guy and quick to make a decision.....in my case anyway:laughing smile:

Comment

Originally posted by 57 300 View Post
                          I heard Dwayne Engness had passed away a couple of years back.Good guy and quick to make a decision.....in my case anyway:laughing smile:
                          You know what I think you just helped jog my memory. I just posted a new pic to my Ol' Drag Photos page on my website. I couldn't remember the car, brain fart, I believe it is Dwayne Engness at Indy in 1969. Check it out:

http://www.twintownterrors.com/ol-drag-photos.html

I had not heard he passed away. That is a bummer. I grew up watching him race.
                          www.twintownterrors.com

Comment

If you can check out the new photo added to our "Ol' Drag Photos" page. This one I can't identify so if anyone can help I would appreciate it. The pic was taken up at Brainerd in 1971.

FYI the photos on that page are placed in the order they were posted. So the first (oldest) one posted is the first one (upper left corner) go across from there left to right by row just like reading till you get to the last one (newest/added today). If you have any issues going through the site let me know I've been working out some problems.

http://www.twintownterrors.com/ol-drag-photos.html

Thanks a ton,

Pete
                            www.twintownterrors.com

Comment

Got another one up at my site. I think its Ma & Pa Hoover not sure who would've been driving... Denny Daraha or John Dearmore???? It was taken in June of '71.
                              www.twintownterrors.com

Comment

Mike Dunn at BIR in 1981

FYI: Over at my website (I know most of you have checked it out, thanks!) I have just added a series of photos instead of just one, like I normally do, for this week. It is a series of photos that were taken of Connie Kalitta and his famous pass in his 'wedge' dragster at Indy in 1971. It was a streamliner idea that was tried by Leland Kolb, The Snake, and a few others for a very short period of time. This pass maybe why... If I remember right I think they recreated it (very poorly IMO) in the movie 'Heart Like a Wheel'. Click on my link below and go check it out. You can click on the Ol Drag Photos button or on the photo that is shown on the home page to get you to them.

Pete
                                www.twintownterrors.com

Comment

Working...
                                X