The Last Day at Minnesota Dragway

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Last Day at Minnesota Dragway

Anybody there on that day? I was,and I asked John Foster if I could make the last timed run. That nasty old bastard said yes! So I did,and spun a main bearing doing it. Sure miss that place. Sand burs and all.
    Drag Racing,just you,me,and the tree!!

Originally posted by Eric N. View Post
    Anybody there on that day? I was,and I asked John Foster if I could make the last timed run. That nasty old bastard said yes! So I did,and spun a main bearing doing it. Sure miss that place. Sand burs and all.
    I think you could ask MR.hp, He said he was there at the end.

Comment

Yes sir, I was there. What a sad day, I remember that there were guys having 2 and 3 people in their cars going down the track. They told us the bad news just as my buddy made his first run. A couple of years later I heard the same news at Northstar in '79

Comment

If they ever build a new Minnesota Dragways,I want to make the first run.I still have the car.Same paint job and all. Its a 1964 Plymouth Belvedere 426 Street Wedge 4 speed out of California I bought for $500. We can only hope.

Comment

If they ever build a new Minnesota Dragways,I want to make the first run.I still have the car.Same paint job and all. Its a 1964 Plymouth Belvedere 426 Street Wedge 4 speed out of California I bought for $500. We can only hope.
          Nice to have you here Eric. A few years ago there was a move by a few to get a new MN Dragways open, but ae usuall if fell through. Post up some pictures of that old car for us to see.

Comment

Post up some picts, My dad used to work at Mn Dragway and Northstar. Plus used to race out there. Id bet he would remember the car. He used to run a cuda and a duster out there with the united stockers?

Comment

I have a pic from Twin City-Northstar I have to find it. Its nice to find people that had some of same good times I had. And it aint over yet! What did your Dad do at the tracks?

Comment

I have a pic from Twin City-Northstar I have to find it. Its nice to find people that had some of same good times I had. And it aint over yet! What did your Dad do at the tracks?
                I belive he just worked in tech, he also ran a brown cuda with a white stripe, and a white duster with a black stripe.

Comment

Originally posted by tls90lx View Post
                  Post up some picts, My dad used to work at Mn Dragway and Northstar. Plus used to race out there. Id bet he would remember the car. He used to run a cuda and a duster out there with the united stockers?
                  Always on the hunt for info from Amber Green Dragways from 1970 - 1977

Comment

Comment

Comment

[IMG][/IMG]

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

Working...
                              X