That Old Late 40s Lincoln

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• That Old Late 40s Lincoln

It had a Ford 427 Cammer (SOHC) and I saw the car run at Twincity in 1972. I don't remember what it ran for times,but it spun the tires for the first 1/8mile. The car was sitting in the MAS speed shop when I bought a Holly 4781-1 850 double pumper ,get this,$100 plus 4% tax. Those were the days. Is that car still around? Black in color,and looked stock as hell.
    Drag Racing,just you,me,and the tree!!

Originally posted by Eric N. View Post
    It had a Ford 427 Cammer (SOHC) and I saw the car run at Twincity in 1972. I don't remember what it ran for times,but it spun the tires for the first 1/8mile. The car was sitting in the MAS speed shop when I bought a Holly 4781-1 850 double pumper ,get this,$100 plus 4% tax. Those were the days. Is that car still around? Black in color,and looked stock as hell.
    I remember that car when I used to go to MAS. The owner there was a real dick. Cammers are cool engines.

Comment

And the Cammer "T" and 65 Mustang SOHC street car

The owner was a real Gary.We should try not to piss on those that have passed on.Cammers are cool and can grab rpm like crazy.I saw a 585 ci a couple of years back make'n dyno pulls that were stunning.Hopefuly its new home will win Drag Week again.
      Last edited by 57 300; 08-10-2011, 09:36 PM.

Comment

Working...
      X