Headers By ED

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Headers By ED

www.headersbyed.com That guy could talk the chrome off a Crager SS 8x15 in mag wheel. Nice guy,and knows headers.
    Drag Racing,just you,me,and the tree!!

Didn't know he was still around. IIRC his website went down years ago, good to see it's back up.

Comment

The day Elvis died....

34 years ago yesterday I had stopped at Ed's place.With new boots on,I got to the brake pedal a bit late and put a small football shaped dent in the garage door.He wasn't around so I left and came back the next day and owned up to the new damage.Got my header gaskets and repaired the door later that week.This of course was years before the chain link fence in the driveway.

Comment

Ed Hennemen

In the 70's I hung out at Ed's place soaking up what ever he was talking about, and he could talk the talk believe me. I ran the GTO in those days and I put some roller rockers on the 400. I had to run 3 or 4 gaskets to have clearance for the valve cover. I had Ed cut the top off the covers and I bought 2 new covers which he cut the bottoms off, he gas welded them together, ended up like todays tall covers, the weld was perfect, it started a frenzy to get Ed to make tall valve covers to eliminate the 1 inch spacer when a stud girdle was used, he used to joke around with me, keep the hood closed on that thing, it's Headers by Ed not Valvecovers by Ed. I learned alot from Ed, I may have swept his floors more than anyone ever but it was worth it!

Comment

When I first met him, I thought he was one of the Beach Boys.

Comment

We used to have Ed bend up pipes for the Generators we installed in
            our coaches.

Comment

Working...
            X