John Rivers HEMI Dart

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• John Rivers HEMI Dart

Anyone have pictures of John Rivers 68 HEMI Dart? Anyone know what happened to the car?

Thanks.

Jeff

Here's some pics and a little bit of info about it I found through google search. http://classracer.com/classforum/sho...d.php?p=288087

Comment

Kind of funny, One of my old freinds Randy had Hemi dart and may still have it. I do remember that it had those type of wheel wells in the back and that type of hood. It did indeed have a Hemi in it from the factory as he bought it from some local racer.

Comment

John Rivers Hemi Dart

John Rivers worked downtown at Milwaukee Road Depot. I had a chance to buy the car about 7-8 years ago from a guy in Florida. He called the car Dart Vader & had all the original paperwork from John. My dad also worked at the railroad & I used to see the car there once & awhile. I tried to trade my hemi Challenger & cash but we never got a deal put together.

BobM426

Comment

Last weekend as I was entertaning my broken leg buddy,we watched dvd's of Minnesota Dragways and there was the Dart.

Comment

Do you know where one might find these dvd's of minnesota dragways? I know a guy that would die to have footage of the track he grew up around.

Comment

You want to talk with Fat Cat.Maybe someone here can direct you his way.

Comment

Originally posted by 57 300 View Post
                Last weekend as I was entertaning my broken leg buddy,we watched dvd's of Minnesota Dragways and there was the Dart.

Hey, I want a copy, I will trade you some of the old MN Dragways stuff I have or better yet we sould have a drag race party this winter and watch all the cool stuff we have.

Comment

Party time......Oh yea!

Comment

I was told by people who knew Johnny that He was shot and killed in a drug deal, supposedly the car was sold by his wife or girlfreind for the paltry sum of $800 car, trailer, parts, and tools. I dont know this to be fact, just repeating what I was told by somebody. I loved that car.

Comment

I think I have some photos of it somewhere. I look and get back to you. I helped put together a DVD for the GSTA to help raise money for their dragster. They are still selling it. It has footage of MN, Donnybrooke, etc. in it.
                      www.twintownterrors.com

The Twin Town Terrors are now on Facebook. Like us!

Comment

If true about Mr. Rivers, that's pretty sad. I'm pretty sure I met him at Minnesota Dragways. We were there with my brother's Showdown Camaro. He came over to let us know how tough the Hemi Dart was that he used to have.

Comment

Here is one:

Comment

Working...
                          X