The Imposable Dream

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Imposable Dream

That thing was cool. B/MP ran on the record of 10.55. I saw it on sale a couple of years ago for $20,000.Anybody know wwho bought it? Any pics?
    Drag Racing,just you,me,and the tree!!

One of the Weibush boys own it last I heard.Larry or Henry....don't know which. http://www.twincityoutlaws.com/showthread.php?t=2782 I knew I said something earlier about that.
    Last edited by 57 300; 10-25-2011, 05:04 PM.

Comment

Another historic twin cities car, I remember George lining up with another dark blue camaro at twin cities and doing their burnouts,then doing 5-6 side by side dry hops. Its funny the stuff you remember. Ahhhh the memories.

Comment

Is this the car?

Comment

Nice pic. The car next to is Monkeys Toy. I saw that car up at BIR a few years ago.
          Drag Racing,just you,me,and the tree!!

Comment

That is not the imposable dream car. As I remember the car was white with the name on the side and it had a tunnel ram BB Chevy. The last time I saw the car some guy owned it and was racing at the Grove, It had a single 4bbl BB Chevy with an auto in it. It still said "The Imposable Dream" on the side of the car. This was around late '89 or '90.

Comment

It was blue, and I believe George Fluery was the owner driver.

Comment

Originally posted by kelly andersen View Post
                I stand corrected, You are right as I was told today that the dream car was light blue. Was tha first cae I ever saw at the drags when I first started getting into drag racing.

Comment

I just found a tape with the dream car on it at BIR way back in 1981. I will see if I can get it posted up after the first of the year. Was very cool to see the car going in the 9's.

Comment

Imposable? What are they trying to impose? lol

Comment

Originally posted by kelly andersen View Post
                      That was Gene Pearsons car for as long as I can remember, they could have been partners in it though, they use to carry it around in an old school bus, the back end was cut open and they would run it up some big o'l ramps up into the back end of that thing.

:smile tease: T5

Comment

I knew it was one of the Genes or Georges LOL I'm going from memory and that was 35 plus years ago. They sure put on a hell of a show.

Comment

Originally posted by SANTA.hp View Post
                          I just found a tape with the dream car on it at BIR way back in 1981. I will see if I can get it posted up after the first of the year. Was very cool to see the car going in the 9's.
                          I remember seeing it in the later 80's with an air shifted Jerico at BIR.Don't know who was behind the wheel.Was that from the major tape recovery on Broadway?

Comment

Originally posted by 57 300
                            ;38293shifted Jerico at BIR.Don't know who was behind the Was that from the major tape recovery on Broadway?

Yes Bob told me about that :laughing smile:

Comment

Yup that was rather good humor.

Comment

Working...
                              X