OK who remembers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OK who remembers

The Pollution packer which ran on hydrogen peroxide and ran some unreal times at Amber Green?

I never saw it make a run. You do know what happened to it. Left turn at 250+ MPH
    Drag Racing,just you,me,and the tree!!

Comment

Ky had it at the GSTA show a couple years ago.
      www.twintownterrors.com

The Twin Town Terrors are now on Facebook. Like us!

Comment

Wasnt the guy who ran it Named Anderson,cant remeber the first name.That was a peroxide unit wasnt it.

Comment

Yes,and yes. Dave Anderson.
          Last edited by Eric N.; 02-18-2012, 02:48 AM.

Comment

Yea that car was WAY ahead of it's time!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Fastest time I have found was 4.62@368. Kind of fast,mainly because it was in 1973.

Comment

It is said that they had to pry his fingers off the steering wheel after the crash. In the 80s,NHRA banned jet cars. Also the 368mph mite have been 322mph.Still damn fast.

Comment

Sammy Miller was huge in the rocket stuff also.http://chrysler300country.com/slammin_biography.htm

Comment

The Pollution packer ran at Minnesota Dragways once I know for sure, because me and my brother filled up two trash bags full of old used pop cans, and we got two t-shirts for it. I wonder if I still have it?
                    ------------------------------------
                    Let the hating begin!

Comment

Never saw the Pollution Packer or any other rocket dragster run, but I watched the Lava Machine & Sonic Thunder jet cars race at BIR back in the 80s. I snuck under the ropes to take some pics & got close enough to feel the exhaust heat during the 'afterburner contest'. Wouldn't get by with that nowadays....

Joel
                      There is more stupidity than hydrogen in the universe, and it has a longer shelf life. - Frank Zappa

Comment

Was this the rocket car that ran off the end of the track somewhere and the guy got killed?

Comment

Saw it at Amber Green the same week-end the Back-uP Pick-up and Little Red Wagon we're there...if remember correctly...
                          Always on the hunt for info from Amber Green Dragways from 1970 - 1977

Comment

Hey

Wasn't there a rocket powered go-cart that went off the track there too? I seem to remember that.

Comment

I remember seeing that rocket cart run at Northstar.

Comment

Working...
                              X