Fat Cat Corvette

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fat Cat Corvette

Just watched the 1982 first BIR race and they had Dyno Dan Zrust against the Fat Cat corvette. What a great race. Dan lost. I always remember that vette. I think he is a memeber here. Care to chime in on this?

I helped build a trailer for Dan way back when.

Comment

Got a pic? Is Dan Zrust the guy that has a ss/AA 1968 Cuda?
      Drag Racing,just you,me,and the tree!!

Comment

Originally posted by Eric N. View Post
        Pretty sure that's what Dan races now.

Comment

The Fat Cat was the first Super Gas winner at BIR.Yes,Dan has a SS Hemi Cuda.

Comment

Dan told me this year he has the slowest hemi car. Must be old age setting in. LOL

Comment

He might not be competitive yet, but it's one of the nicest SS/AH cars out there!

The SS/AH cars are a big passion of mine! If I was rich, I would own two of em!! A 68 Hemi Barracuda, and a 68 Hemi Dart :treed:

------------------------------------
              Let the hating begin!

Comment

Originally posted by Eric N. View Post
                Sorry no pics. This would have been back when I worked at Aerolite
                so it would have been in the late 80's- early 90's.

One of my former coworkers is the son of the owner of Bill Bagshaw's Red Light Bandit 68 Hemi dart.

Comment

If I recall...years ago, Bagshaw lost control of his car at Bowling Green and killed one or more spectators. Obviously was a freak accident.

Comment

I thought it was Bowling Green...my mistake.

http://news.google.com/newspapers?ni...g=5298,3634589

Comment

Originally posted by Alleyoop2 View Post
                      He might not be competitive yet, but it's one of the nicest SS/AH cars out there!

The SS/AH cars are a big passion of mine! If I was rich, I would own two of em!! A 68 Hemi Barracuda, and a 68 Hemi Dart :treed:

It might not be the quickest,but it is the prettiest ss/ah out there,A friend of mine Brin mahler at paint works painted it,he did a hell of a job !!!!

Comment

Very nice.

I've known Dan for years. He's a class act.

But back on topic about Fat Cat...Isn't that Bob Tangen's car?

Anybody know what he's doing now?

Comment

Bob is living in Brainered.Built a new shop and is enjoying retirement.

Comment

That's no way to enjoy retirement, racing is the only way to enjoy retirement.

Comment

Yup, I'm up here in Brainerd. Still have a couple of cars, all sedans, 67 II, 67 Chevelle 300, 51 Olds 88 (kind of a turd but still cool), 68 Catalina project, 493 HP 4speed 3:42 Posi, and LeRoy Psyk's old 55 Chev. Trying to get the II ready to do some of those wed nite things up here, had it running mid 11's till my daughter took it to the moon and dinged the motor, have a 421 sbc I'm trying to get together. Lots of old gearheads up here, getting to know a few, going to try and have a Minn Dragways/Northstar filmfest for a few guys with some old film I have on DVD here next month. If I had known I was gonna live this long I woulda tried to take better care of myself !!
                              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                              X