Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1968 Biscayne raced at Northstar

New guy here,

I'm looking for any information or pictures of a '68 Biscayne that I bought last year. It was originally Black/Black 427 4 speed. In the 70's it was repainted white with stars and stripes and had some red added to the interior. A friend of a previous owner thought it was painted by "Peanuts"? It was raced with this paint job at Northstar Drag Strip. In about 1990 it was repainted flat black and that's how it is presently. It also was converted to a TH400 at some point. The guy that raced it was Rich Mahle (spelling?) from Blaine and he is deceased.
    I would gladly pay $$$ for pictures or any information on this car.

Thanks, Chad Kiefer
    Adams, MN

I remember that car, I'll have to look through my picture's. Hopefully I can help you out, no promises. If I have any pic's I'll give them to you, no charge, it just the right thing to do.
    ------------------------------------
    Let the hating begin!

Comment

Wow, that was fast! I figured this would be the right site to ask about this car. Is there anything that you remember about the car? I have my fingers crossed hoping that you have a picture of my car.

Thanks, Chad

Comment

Uhh...I like Biscaynes

Comment

I remember the Black 427 Canye and there was also a Yellow one to out at Northstar in the late 70's. I know there was a black 4spd. at BIR's Show and Go when I first went in '88. If I ever look through my tapes I will see if it's on there for you.

Comment

Originally posted by Z28SSMAN View Post
            Uhh...I like Biscaynes
            You be quiet, All you want to do is play with the wing windows :lol::laughing smile: :rotfl:

Comment

Originally posted by MR.hp View Post
              You be quiet, All you want to do is play with the wing windows :lol::laughing smile: :rotfl:
              Ahhh Yeh, He likes to throw stuff out em! :chicken:

:smile tease: T5

Comment

Wing windows are cool.

Ahhh Yeh, He likes to throw stuff out em! :chicken:

:smile tease: T5

Uhh...maybe chicken bones?

Comment

Originally posted by Z28SSMAN View Post
                  Wing windows are cool.

Uhh...maybe chicken bones?
                  YUP, :lol: I laugh everytime I think about you saying that! :lol:

:smile tease::box smile:T5

Comment

I remember the Black 427 Canye and there was also a Yellow one to out at Northstar in the late 70's. I know there was a black 4spd. at BIR's Show and Go when I first went in '88. If I ever look through my tapes I will see if it's on there for you.
                    Black one at the Show & Go's in the late 80's early 90's was Butch Karcher's out of Chisago. Very, very, very nice car. If I remember right he sold it and his body shop so he and his wife could start a foster home...
                    www.twintownterrors.com

The Twin Town Terrors are now on Facebook. Like us!

Comment

Still looking for pic's..........................
                      Let the hating begin!

Comment

Alleyoop2, thanks for taking the time to look through your pictures. I really appreciate it and I hope you find something. I really want to know what the car looked like when it was white.
                        Thanks, Chad

Comment

I visited with the second owner of my Biscayne on Wednesday and I purchased this fender cover from him. He never raced the car but he said this fender cover was on the rear package tray when he got the car. The gold is faded from being in the rear window but I am happy I was able to get this.
                          Chad

Comment

Cool fender cover, I think my Dad had one of those?

Anywho, I have looked high and low, and I can't find a picture, sorry CTK1968. If I come up with something you'll be the first to know!
                            Let the hating begin!

Comment

Alleyoop2,
                              Thanks for taking the time to look through your pictures for me. The second owner of the car thinks he may have a picture when it was white but he hasn't looked yet. I will update this thread if he finds a picture.
                              Thanks, Chad

Comment

Working...
                              X