1970 Dick Harrell Camaro

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1970 Dick Harrell Camaro

Several years ago I located and through a friend purchased a 1970 Dick Harrell build Camaro that was sold new at Vann Chevrolet in St. Louis. It raced at MN Dragways in the early 80's. I am hoping someone can provide a photo(s) of the car during it's racing days. The car was green with a white Harrell stripe down the side with green painted "454" at the rear of the quarters and had Harrell badges on it. The car was confirmed to be the real deal but it would be nice to find photos of it back in it's hey day. Car was sold new with KH Stripper wheels but changed shortly after to Superior chrome wheels. Any help is greatly appreciated.
    Rick
    Attached Files
    www.musclecarrestorationanddesign.com

I think this is the car I drooled on at Steve Sandlin's shop in Vegas.

Very cool car and history.

Randy
    www.NorthstarDetailSupply.com
    Green four door Chevy

Comment

That is the same car. Now owned by Tony L.

Comment

the car was raced by a guy by the last name of Bezdichek, he sold the car to the guy you bought the car from, Jeff Postil, jeff never raced the car, it got drove a bit and then it sat for many years until you came along, Jeff pulled the car out every couple months and ran it and washed it and then it was put away, I checked out the car for Jeff back around 1996 or 97 because he was wondering about the value, as for the guy(Bezdichek) he is no longer around the new ulm area but I do know of a few people that knew him, I will ask them and get back to you on it, may take a bit though.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E5aBGVPVe0g

Comment

Thanks. Last I knew Bezdichek was in Red Wing. He was contacted early on and filled in some of the blanks. The second owner from Marshall, MN had the original tires and KH Stripper wheels as well as some original photos of the car taken when it was approximately 3 months old. From my understanding and from listings and standing reports from MN Dragways the car was raced by Bezdichek but we cannot find any photos of the car on the track.

Comment

Working...
          X