68 Yenko Camaro

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 68 Yenko Camaro

I recently restored a 1968 Fathom Blue Yenko Camaro that was sold new at Kline Chev. The car is Yenko #YS-8011. We have tracked many of the owners back but cannot find the original and possibly second owner. We were told the car raced at North Star and/or MN Dragways in the early 60's and then it went to San Diego where the owner was stationed at a Military base but we cannot locate him. It came to me still wearing it's original paint so it would have been raced in that color but I have no idea what wheels would have been on the car when raced. It came new with Pontiac Ralley II wheels. If anyone has any info or photos of this car in it's early days I would be very grateful if you can help us.
    Rick
    Attached Files
    www.musclecarrestorationanddesign.com

I recently found this photo on Facebook that shows that this car actually raced at North Star Drag Strip at least once. The photo is dated April of 69 but the poster felt that it was likely taken in late 68 but not developed until later. Anyone who took photos at North Star in late 68 or early 69 please look in the background and see if you can see this Camaro anywhere on the photos. This is the last piece of the puzzle and we are desperately trying to find out who the original owner was and what he can tell us about the early days of this car. Thank you all.
    Rick
    Attached Files
    www.musclecarrestorationanddesign.com

Comment

Originally posted by Rick_Nelson View Post
      I recently found this photo on Facebook that shows that this car actually raced at North Star Drag Strip at least once. The photo is dated April of 69 but the poster felt that it was likely taken in late 68 but not developed until later. Anyone who took photos at North Star in late 68 or early 69 please look in the background and see if you can see this Camaro anywhere on the photos. This is the last piece of the puzzle and we are desperately trying to find out who the original owner was and what he can tell us about the early days of this car. Thank you all.
      Rick
      Thanks for sharing, wow dirt pile on the side of the track must have been the real early days there.

Comment

Working...
      X