Well Hello

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well Hello

Aw how I remember the 60's free love (ya right) cheap gas, big horsepower, crusin Central Ave. in and out of the Sun drive in to see who you could call out on the ave for a short run to St. Anthony Blvd and if you made to much cop calling noies you had to whip into an alley find a garage that was open and sit tight for awhile then do it again. Made my living at Rollie's Gulf on 29th and Central for awhile. When things were quite on Central well it was over to Lake St and Porkys. Tuesday nights were for Twin City Dragway and if you survived the night then it was Saturday at Twin City and again if you survived it was Minnesota Dragways on 242. What a time only wish I had some of the photos of the car my ex B.I.L took of MILGANS RUNNER 69 RR with 383 taken to the explosion point. Yup good times.
    Jim G
    Cushing, WI

Welcome Jim. Yea I'd like to see those old pics also. I remember the bitch bar, seemed to be on a lot of Mopar's for some reason.
    I can't have nothin nice. Been there wrecked that.

Comment

Hey, welcome. Wish we still had a MNdragways my uncle tells me great stories of having his lawn chair right on the finish line watching his cousin race.. haha

Comment

Good to see ya could make it in...................
        2001 Trans Am All Motor 9.75 @139mph

Comment

Howdy

Comment

Originally posted by wisconsinjimmy View Post
            Aw how I remember the 60's free love (ya right) cheap gas, big horsepower, crusin Central Ave. in and out of the Sun drive in to see who you could call out on the ave for a short run to St. Anthony Blvd and if you made to much cop calling noies you had to whip into an alley find a garage that was open and sit tight for awhile then do it again. Made my living at Rollie's Gulf on 29th and Central for awhile. When things were quite on Central well it was over to Lake St and Porkys. Tuesday nights were for Twin City Dragway and if you survived the night then it was Saturday at Twin City and again if you survived it was Minnesota Dragways on 242. What a time only wish I had some of the photos of the car my ex B.I.L took of MILGANS RUNNER 69 RR with 383 taken to the explosion point. Yup good times.
            Jim G
            Cushing, WI

Thanks for Joining TCO and welcome to the site.

Comment

Working...
            X