Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Help needed don't know if this belongs here?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help needed don't know if this belongs here?

My name is Terry Crow and I have raced Mopars begining with Twin City,Minnesota dragways,Ambergreen,RockFalls and BIR. I had a fire about a year ago and lost all pictures of my cars. Word to the wise don't think it can't happen to you cause it can. Keep those pictures somewhere safe. I'm trying to find anyone who may have pictures or video's of some of the cars I raced.

At Twin City/Minnesota Drayways it started with a 62 Plymouth that said "Happy Grapefruit" on the doors.

Then a 63 Plymouth Aluminum front end car painted white that said "That White Plymouth" on the doors.

Then car was relettered by Warren Minick had "Terry Crow" on the door and a screaming Crow painted on the trunk lid.

Then on to the period at Ambergreen/Rockfalls/Bir as it was repainted red and the front fenders replaced with 64 Plymouth fenders and "Terry Crow"
    in gold letters on the door.

I am willing to pay for the pictures and video's since I am trying to put something together for my grand kids who never saw me race. Just PM me This is a really great site and since I found it have taken many walks down Memory Lane. Those of you who know me know I really never accomplished much as far as wins and records, but I was always out their trying and intertaining the crowd.

Thanks in advance for you help

Terry

Originally posted by 64hemi View Post
    My name is Terry Crow and I have raced Mopars begining with Twin City,Minnesota dragways,Ambergreen,RockFalls and BIR. I had a fire about a year ago and lost all pictures of my cars. Word to the wise don't think it can't happen to you cause it can. Keep those pictures somewhere safe. I'm trying to find anyone who may have pictures or video's of some of the cars I raced.

At Twin City/Minnesota Drayways it started with a 62 Plymouth that said "Happy Grapefruit" on the doors.

Then a 63 Plymouth Aluminum front end car painted white that said "That White Plymouth" on the doors.

Then car was relettered by Warren Minick had "Terry Crow" on the door and a screaming Crow painted on the trunk lid.

Then on to the period at Ambergreen/Rockfalls/Bir as it was repainted red and the front fenders replaced with 64 Plymouth fenders and "Terry Crow"
    in gold letters on the door.

I am willing to pay for the pictures and video's since I am trying to put something together for my grand kids who never saw me race. Just PM me This is a really great site and since I found it have taken many walks down Memory Lane. Those of you who know me know I really never accomplished much as far as wins and records, but I was always out their trying and intertaining the crowd.

Thanks in advance for you help

Terry
    Welcome to TCO Terry, and as a kid growing up I do remember your car. I am sorry to hear of the loss of your pictures and I now put all mine on sd cards or jump drives and hide them in the safety deposit box. We are Glad to have you here and will help you try to find some pictures of your cars.

Bob

Comment

Terry, I definitely remember your car. Welcome to our site. I always thought your car was hard charging and competitive. It seemed to have the best parts available and was well engineered. Feel free to post your memories about the tracks and other racers. There are fewer and fewer of us left to tell this generation about some of the best racing this area has ever seen and most likely will never see again.

Comment

I have a guy putting all his 8mm reels together on a cd, all the vids are from mn dragway, I believe they are from about 1974 until the place closed, would you have been there then?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E5aBGVPVe0g

Comment

Originally posted by torkflight View Post
          I have a guy putting all his 8mm reels together on a cd, all the vids are from mn dragway, I believe they are from about 1974 until the place closed, would you have been there then?

Let me know if he can make me a copy, Tell him I will swap a bunch of MN Dragways stuff I have from the early '60s for what he has. That stuff is great to watch.

I can also put it on dvd for him if he has not found anyone yet to do it.

Comment

Originally posted by MR.hp View Post
            Let me know if he can make me a copy, Tell him I will swap a bunch of MN Dragways stuff I have from the early '60s for what he has. That stuff is great to watch.

I can also put it on dvd for him if he has not found anyone yet to do it.
            I will get in touch with him this weekend, or if you want to call him you can, I think you guys would get along great, he is a pretty cool guy, still has his 70 roadrunner from way back, he was my neihbor growing up, and a friend of my dads. his name is Howard, I will pm you his number

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E5aBGVPVe0g

Comment

Originally posted by torkflight View Post
              I will get in touch with him this weekend, or if you want to call him you can, I think you guys would get along great, he is a pretty cool guy, still has his 70 roadrunner from way back, he was my neihbor growing up, and a friend of my dads. his name is Howard, I will pm you his number

Thanks Chad, Would be great to meet him.

Comment

Hi Terry,I remember your car very well.When you had the wedge motor in I always referred to it as the "Crow Magnum".Hope things are going well for ya!

Comment

THANK YOU ALL I appreciate your willingness to help and making me feel at home. I do have a lot of stories to tell and I will be posting some as my memory recalls.

torkfight....That would have been about the last year I raced there.

57 300...Thanks.....I am alive and doing well in Pensacola Florida where I've been for about 12 years now. I decided I was getting tired of the winters and other things.

Comment

Working...
                  X