Collapse
No announcement yet.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Been here for a little while but haven't had too much time to post anything. I just spent the last couple months working away on a car for the GSTA show.

My name is Pete. Pistol to most or V-rod Pete to some who know me. I grew up at the races here in MN. First one I was just a few weeks old! My dad did a lot of racing in the 60's and 70's. He got out of it in the mid 80's, he didn't like the direction NHRA was going. In the late 80's he got into building street rods. Anyway growing up going racing AND street racing with my dad left me no choice but to be a full tilt gear head myself. I bought a '68 Camaro when I was 15 and built it for my first car. In '93 at the age of 17 it was done. It ran 11.80's and I drove it everywhere and raced it constantly. It's still around, a friend of mines wife up in the Elk River / Big lake area has it. By the time the 90's were winding down I wanted to go faster. I got into Nostalgia Drag Racing. I ran a FED for a few years in NE1 which is a 7.50 index class. I am now in the process of collecting parts for a new car build. If work and the economy would pick up maybe I'll actually get it done some day! It is a Fiat Topolino A/A that I hope to run in Pro 7.0. It is a tribute to one of my dads old cars and also my favorite car the Mondello & Matsubara Fiat.

Anyway I found this place looking for MN Drag Racing history and photos. Seems like a cool place.

Pistol
    www.twintownterrors.com

The Twin Town Terrors are now on Facebook. Like us!

Originally posted by TwinTownTerror View Post
    Been here for a little while but haven't had too much time to post anything. I just spent the last couple months working away on a car for the GSTA show.

My name is Pete. Pistol to most or V-rod Pete to some who know me. I grew up at the races here in MN. First one I was just a few weeks old! My dad did a lot of racing in the 60's and 70's. He got out of it in the mid 80's, he didn't like the direction NHRA was going. In the late 80's he got into building street rods. Anyway growing up going racing AND street racing with my dad left me no choice but to be a full tilt gear head myself. I bought a '68 Camaro when I was 15 and built it for my first car. In '93 at the age of 17 it was done. It ran 11.80's and I drove it everywhere and raced it constantly. It's still around, a friend of mines wife up in the Elk River / Big lake area has it. By the time the 90's were winding down I wanted to go faster. I got into Nostalgia Drag Racing. I ran a FED for a few years in NE1 which is a 7.50 index class. I am now in the process of collecting parts for a new car build. If work and the economy would pick up maybe I'll actually get it done some day! It is a Fiat Topolino A/A that I hope to run in Pro 7.0. It is a tribute to one of my dads old cars and also my favorite car the Mondello & Matsubara Fiat.

Anyway I found this place looking for MN Drag Racing history and photos. Seems like a cool place.

Pistol

We are glad to have you here Pete and maybe you could join us at Wagner's some weekend. Would be great to meet you and some of the other racers. Sounds like you and you're dad had some good time racing and that's cool.

Again Welcome to TCO Pete.

Comment

We're sure glad to have you here.

Look forward to hearing more about you and your rides--past and present.

Comment

Originally posted by Z28SSMAN View Post
        We're sure glad to have you here.

Look forward to hearing more about you and your rides--past and present.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dHuS2ISqBH0
        www.twintownterrors.com

The Twin Town Terrors are now on Facebook. Like us!

Comment

Hi there

Comment

Life is too short to waste time and energy on hate.

Comment

What's up? Welcome.

Comment

welcome!

Comment

Working...
                X