Yup, another new member

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yup, another new member

Hi guys, been reading some of the forum and just joined up. I raced at Minnesota and Northstar toward the end of both. There was a group of us that were always there from St Louis Park. In my mid 50's now and still miss it but still tinkering with cars. My girlfriend and I have a couple. She drives a 88 Fiero with a supercharged 3800 out of a 97 Gran Prix GTP that we swapped in last year. I finally built my own first Bucket from ground up and been driving that around for the past few years but last Fall I traded it off for a car with leg room and a steering wheel that was higher then my knees. Guess I am getting old.

I traded the 1917 Dodge I built for a 1960 Falcon Gasser. So you may see it running around this summer. Have a lot of things I need to change but it's a driver and goes. Someone put Chevy drivetrain in it so the body is all thats Ford. They had hacked the rear wheel wells up so the neighbor and I got some front fenders and welded in the rears using them. Still have to try my hand at body work to smooth everything out but it's close.

I've been trying to come up with some old school 60's paint jobs but I'm not a painter so I cant get to tough of a job. Been thinking of the spray can black as I go along with the body work and laying some of the old school prism silver mylar in between the body lines. Thats suppose to be good for 5yrs before it fades and with luck I may be ready for a good paint job by then. :)

John

Welcome to TCO John, We look forward to seeing that Gasser you are building.

Comment

Well I have a question

I can't attach a jpg file. It says they are not a valid file and I resized them down to 70k and still wont take them. What am I doing wrong?

John

Comment

Originally posted by tcat55371 View Post
        I can't attach a jpg file. It says they are not a valid file and I resized them down to 70k and still wont take them. What am I doing wrong?

John
        I normally don't attach pics, I just use imgur.com to host the photo. It's free, easy to use, and the server is fast.

Once you upload it to imgur, it gives you a choice of links - just use the one with [IMG] tags around it - copy that link and paste it in your post here.

Very quick and easy way to post pics.

Welcome to the site!

Comment

Originally posted by tcat55371 View Post

John
          We have had trouble with that since forever. Like HOTCIVIC says use one of the photo hosting site works much better. I like to use tinypic, Copy the tag, Paste it up and it's done. Hope this helps.

Comment

Welcome John

Comment

Lets see if this works

Comment

another view

Comment

Welcome, that car is bitchin

Comment

Nice pics

Sweet ride

Comment

i like the outside mirrors & the beer barel with the thrush guy on the side
                      the victim had semen on his trousers

Comment

That looks pertty cool!
                        90 5.0 GT New combo
                        11.84 @ 113 1.64 60' Dynoed 428hp 419tq Dyno Vid Dyno sheet

Comment

Welcome
                          5.55@126
                          8.67@155
                          www.tntraceshop.com

Comment

Howdy!
                            2001 Trans Am All Motor 9.75 @139mph

Comment

Working...
                            X