New to the site

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New to the site

Just wanted to check in and say hi. I've been to the site before, but just finally registered. I'm a big 60's and 70's drag racing fan. Raced a little at Northstar, but Mn Dragways closed when I was 15 and was only able to spectate.

Right now I am in the middle of doing a documentary on the history of Minnesota Dragways. Some of you may have talked to me at the GSTA show last year. I'm working with John Foster Jr. who has contributed over 2000 pictures and slides as well as a few hours of footage to the project. I'm working closely with Ron Braun and Marv Broin on the project also. There are a few others who have contributed to the project also. Right now I'm working on the outline and interview questions as well as making contact with potential interviews. Hope to start interviews very soon and hopefully I'll have the project done later in the year. I have someone who is out in California that is going to interview Tommy Ivo and I'll be making a trip to Florida this summer to visit my stepdaughter and hope to get an interview with Arvy Mack.

Jim (kustomizer)

Welcome to the site Jim, I look forward to seeing some of the pictures you have. I do have some rare footage from Minnesota dragways on DVD. I do share with those who share with me, PM me if you would like to use some.

Bob

Comment

Hi, glad to have you here.

Comment

Welcome to the site!
        ------------------------------------
        Let the hating begin!

Comment

Jim, shoot me an email. I met another member (his name escapes me at the moment but his first name is Tim)on another site several years ago who supplied me with 3 DVDs of photos from both tracks. If memory serves me he too had been working closely with John Foster Jr so many of the photos could be dups. However, he might be a good contact for you to get in touch with as he met MANY people in the Minnesota area when he was doing his research and attended several of the reunions.
          www.musclecarrestorationanddesign.com

Comment

Welcome to the forum.
            I used to work with Marv Broin back when he worked at Gran Prix Vans and
            Aerolite Custom Trailers.

Comment

Glad to have you here Jim!

Comment

Working...
              X