Hey, I found the newbie section

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey, I found the newbie section

I am another newbie...born and raised in St Paul, only caught the tail end of Northstar before it closed. I used to hang out at Dick Charvanaugh's(however you spell it) garage on Payne ave. I remember his helper Charlie Baker was building a 455 HO for an early 60's lemans and ended up buying a brand new mid 70's Transam and dropping in the 455 a week after he bought it and turned a lot of heads at the strip with it. good memories. I might take my corvette to rock falls this summer.....never drag raced in my life so it's about time to try it.

Welcome to the site, glad you made it.

Comment

Glad you joined! What color was that Trans Am? Did he race it at northstar?

Comment

Originally posted by Z28SSMAN View Post
        it was a gold one, like I said, he bought it brand new and dropped the motor in it right away so it looked bone stock except for the slicks on the back.

Comment

Originally posted by Z28SSMAN View Post
          forgot to add, yes, he raced it at Northstar. he worked for Dick Charbonneau at the Skelly station on Payne ave. as kids Dick would give us STP stickers and was promptly voted as the coolest guy on earth. Dick drove the funky painted Ford wagon sponsored by brookdale Ford.

Comment

I do remember that T/A, it surprised a lot of people. Do you have any pictures to share?

Comment

Originally posted by MR.hp View Post
              I do remember that T/A, it surprised a lot of people. Do you have any pictures to share?
              no sorry, I don't

Comment

Hi, welcome.

Comment

Glad to see you here.

Comment

Originally posted by jj55chevy View Post
                    forgot to add, yes, he raced it at Northstar. he worked for Dick Charbonneau at the Skelly station on Payne ave. as kids Dick would give us STP stickers and was promptly voted as the coolest guy on earth. Dick drove the funky painted Ford wagon sponsored by brookdale Ford.
                    There are still quite a few videos and pics on the internet about Charbonneau and that Ford wagon. I bought a history of the GSTA cd and he's on it quite often.

Comment

Welcome

That makes me far from the Newbie now. That's a tough title. ;)

Comment

Working...
                      X