NHRA rule changes for next year

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NHRA rule changes for next year

There is a lot of chatter on some of the websites about NHRA changing some of the rules for 2010 one of them pertains to roll bars and I have read good and bad.

One was lowering the roll bar rule to 10.99
    The other was raising the roll bar rule back to 11.99 again

There is also a rumor that any car running 11.50 and quicker will now need SFI pants as well as a SFI jacket.

For sure for 2010 NRA will require a locking dipstick for all car running 10.99 and quicker. This will be easy to fix just get a GM locking sick cut it to rhe same length as the old one and put the marks for add and full to it and your good to go.

If anyone has a new rule book let us know if any of the other things are fact or just rumor.

Either way is really not a big deal, when you think about it there is only a 10 mph difference between those to times, when you not spinning and or cutting a good 60' out of the tree.

I am all for safety, I haven't seen anyone roll at a track but I have seen major scrapes and car fires and its gut turning to see it in person. And I would hate to be the person to loose it and hit the person in the next lane and have a possible injury or death from lack of safety equipment.

The thing NHRA should be looking for msore than anything IMO is how the harness is bolted to the floor and setup. I still feel my stock belt is more safe as GM put it in, I mean you can have people out there that just bolt it on the thing floor pan material instead welding in backing plates. They never even look at mine in my car or others I talk to at the track, but then again I don't have the fastest car either.

I even seen a guy last year that had his shoulder harness belt rapped around the little bracket thing that kept the harness in place that was just tack welded on instead of the actual bar itself.

Also I think the harness should be able to be inspected to be certed for more time. I make it to the track maybe 6 times a year my car is always in a garage I think my harness is good for more than 2 years. I think..

Comment

I agree Speedo about the factory belts. And replacing the race belts every couple years is overkill in my opinion. I know many would say it's a small cost to pay vs. getting hurt by not replacing them, but Imo, making sure they're mounted correctly is more critical than making sure they're fresh.

Comment

I always though the belt rule was stupid and 5 years would be just about right. Hell my las set of belts had 3 races on them and were out of date so I got new ones, this year and the Rock never looked at them. Good thing I can get a free recertify on both sets.

I have been waiting to see if NHRA was going make cars that run 10.99 and quicker get competition licenses, There was talk about it at one time. Too much more rule crap and I will just go street racing again and forget all that other garbage. On the street we don't need no stinkin' rules.

Comment

Well, when street racing, I thought the main rule one should always follow: Never leave on 2

Comment

Originally posted by Z28SSMAN View Post
            Well, when street racing, I thought the main rule one should always follow: Never leave on 2
            :laugh_smile: that's how I won so many races except for Sloss he just leaves and doesn't wait and calls it a win. Still remember when he chickened out on me when he had that supercharged fox body car years ago. His little silver car is pretty fast now though.

Comment

Found a chart wish I knew how to read it..

http://www.nhra.com/competition/etquickref.aspx

Comment

Working...
              X