Toyota Stops making cars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Toyota Stops making cars

Due to the fact these scammers can't fix a problem maybe they should hire americans to solve this problem with the cruise control problem.:rlol:

Funny how they have to stop the whole car production line and it's going to cost them big. Maybe the US govt. should have cash for toyota trash and get them off the road.

OH what a feeling @WOT Toyota :laugh_smile:

I hear they have found a "fix" and just need NHTSB to approve it. They are going to put a shim under the pedal assy. They can manufacture a couple hundred thousand shims easier than replacing assys. My question is... if it had anything to do with the assy, what about the car with the stuck throttle that landed upside down in the lake killing everybody and the mats were in the trunk? I think there has to be either a bad ground or voltage spike causing the drive by wire tb to malfunction.

Comment

Couldn't resist showing this one
      :rlol:

Comment

Automakers are gonna have recalls. It's going to happen when you consider the process from design to assembly. What is different about this one is how Toyota knew there were issues for quite some time and they did little about it. People have been killed in these cars. I commend the ABC journalist who put the story in front of millions of viewers. I was frankly shocked, because that network has a history of praising Toyota. I have said all along that Toyota is one of the biggest shams I've ever seen. The perception of being more dependable than others is obviously false. Prior to this latest recall, they have had suspension components breaking, frames breaking, exaggerated fuel economy ratings, issues with Prius stalling, Tundra engine problems, faulty camshafts, transmissions, torque converters and cracked tailgates, inferior Tundra frames, and the list goes on. Their chief of global manufacturing Takeshi Uchiyamada has expressed shame over quality problems with the Tundra. But just like Hi-Tech, people have defended Toyota and put up with this over-rated company from Japan.

Comment

Is a toyota even classified as a car?

Comment

toyota snobs
            the victim had semen on his trousers

Comment

GM has a recall for faulty radio knobs

Front page:

"GM RECALLS MILLIONS; QUALITY DROPS, SALES PLUNDER"

Toyota has a recall for sticking accelerator that has actually KILLED people

Front page:

"Who Will Win The Next American Idol?"

Page 12:

Ad Takes up 75% of the page

Bottom right corner of page 12 in small print:

Toyota Recall Shows They Care About You

Comment

Looks like another recall that may tarnish the squeaky-clean image of Japanese cars. I heard this morning that Honda is recalling 646,000 Fit/Jazz and City models, due to the possibility of water entering an electric window switch, thereby causing a fire. Last year, a girl was killed because of this.

http://www.thetruthaboutcars.com/bre...omment-1588043

All auto manufacturers screw up; albeit, some more than others. Most important is how they deal with their screw-ups. What gets me is how so many people seem to be brainwashed on the topic of US vs. Japanese cars.

Even though GM is now the fuel mileage leader, many people I know still believe that most American cars are gas-guzzlers. When I show them data that proves otherwise, they argue that the data must be biased in some manner. When I show them the reports that put the Ford Fusion and Chevy Malibu above the Camry and Accord for initial quality; or the reports that put the Buick LaCrosse #1 for reliability; they refuse to believe JD Power. They have a preconceived notion of the outcome; therefore, they disregard any evidence to the contrary.

Here's a bit of a twist in the fuel mileage game. My sister, who now drives a V6 Genesis Coupe, used to drive a 7th-gen 4-cyl Accord automatic. Over a few years, we compared the mileage between her Accord & my '02 GTP. In general, I am a more aggressive driver than she is, yet we got nearly the same mileage. Her average MPG in city driving was a couple MPG better than mine; while my GTP did slightly better than her Accord on long trips. Far from being a scientific test; but a real-world comparison, nonetheless. We got nearly the same MPG; yet my GTP offers ~50% more HP and ~75% more torque. When one takes the vast difference in performance into account, it looks like my blown V6 GTP is actually more efficient than her n/a I4 Accord.

Going further, my sister says that her nearly 320 HP Genesis Coupe automatic gets about the same MPG on the highway as her I4-powered Accord, and only a couple MPG less in city driving. Looks like the V6 Genesis is inherently more efficient, as well.

I read that in '01, the blown 3800 Series II made LEV status. In '05, the 3800 Series III was the first gasoline engine in the industry to receive SULEV status. So, what is with this public perception that only Japan makes efficient, low-pollution cars??

Reminds me of a conversation I once had with our customer service manager @ PageNet back in the 90s. She drove a Mazda 626. One day, she overheard the sales manager & me discussing my GN. She gave me 'the look', and proceeded to tell me how socially irresponsible I was for driving such a gas-guzzling, polluting car. She went on about how wrong it is to drive high-performance cars, and that the manufacturers shouldn't be allowed to sell them. I let her finish her idiotic rant. I then asked her what her 626 got for mileage on the road. She proudly told me that she got around 24-25 MPG. I laughed, and told her that my GN routinely gets ~24 MPG - with the a/c on. I also mentioned that, at 55 MPH, I had seen up to 27 MPG on some trips. I then asked her which she thought was worse for the environment - her anemic 2L 626, or a car that uses the about same amount of fuel, carries more stuff, and has nearly 3 times the power. At that point, she didn't want to discuss it anymore. Pompous bitch... :rlol:

To fight erroneous public perceptions, one must educate the public.
                There is more stupidity than hydrogen in the universe, and it has a longer shelf life. - Frank Zappa

Comment

We need more people like you stepping up and correcting those ignorant and pompous imbeciles

Comment

Originally posted by HOTCIVIC View Post
                    GM has a recall for faulty radio knobs

Front page:

"GM RECALLS MILLIONS; QUALITY DROPS, SALES PLUNDER"

Toyota has a recall for sticking accelerator that has actually KILLED people

Front page:

"Who Will Win The Next American Idol?"

Page 12:

Ad Takes up 75% of the page

Bottom right corner of page 12 in small print:

Toyota Recall Shows They Care About You

Pretty sad but true how the media continues to give those clowns a free pass.

I'm still puzzled that GMA actually broke the story. Maybe Toyota stopped slipping $$$ under the table to ABC so they decided to "move forward" lol with the release. Or maybe ABC found out that the other networks have been getting more $$$ under the table and decided to prove a point.

Comment

wow, the other day i said to myself OH MY GOD!!!!....... I had a late model toyota behind me and it scared the shit out of me!!!!!! lmao x real hybrid that beats them all...

Comment

the radio said today that the cars fixed with the shim fix is not working. the puters are the problem and they were made by skynet.

Comment

Model Year 2009
                          The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration identified 251 complaints alleging sudden acceleration and related problems for vehicles in model year 2009. A breakdown by vehicle make follows.

Vehicle make Complaints Market share Share of complaints Sales Complaints per 100,000 veh.
                          Toyota-Lexus 133 16.7% 53.0% 1,773,609 7.5
                          Model Complaints
                          Tacoma 28
                          Camry 25
                          Corolla 14
                          Venza 6
                          Prius 6
                          Matrix 5
                          Rav4 4
                          Es350 4
                          Highlander 4
                          Avalon 3