The boys down south are for real

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The boys down south are for real

Last fall, my brother and I were chatting about the racing scene in the south. He said he watched a co worker run 4.80's in the 1/8th at over 150 at I-57 in West Frankfort, Ill. I mentioned it to Bob and he sounded doubtful they were that quick. The car is a Fox body with twin turbos.

Obviously the day has come when the times we were impressed with, such as 5.90s in the 1/8th ain't shit.

I just got texted some pics from a Georgia event and these guys are for real. They were disappointed only to be in 10th place because the top guys are running 4.40's!

I found another group running these incredible times with an Fbody.

LMR Turbo Camaro
    We took the car back out a few weeks ago for our first True Ten Five event of 08. We decided to try the 114mm turbo because we knew it was going to take a low 4.80 in the 1/8 to win the event. Last time we took the car out we were struggling to get the 114 to spool. After a little tuning on the computer from Josh, we finally got the car to leave like it should with the 114mm turbo. You can see in the video how the car pulls great to the 330 marker, then just falls on its face. We are running a Weldon 2345 fuel pump good for 2400hp and 160lb injectors. This 114mm is making so much more power than the 106. At 31lbs of boost on each turbo, the injector duty cycle goes from 82% with the 106 to 96% with the 114. I never thought I would see the day when we would max out this fuel system.

http://www.streetfire.net/video/OTTA...way_157130.htm

This mustang with a new BBC powerplant and Sonny Big Chief cylinder heads reworked by Chris Frank of Frankenstein Racing heads. Those guys are flat out FLYYYYYYING!
    http://ls1tech.com/forums/drag-racin...g-radials.html

What's that funny hole in the middle of the bumper? makes it look like a Studebaker:rotfl:

Nice times but I am sure the locals would say they have a buddy who's faster.

Comment

Actually they do remind me of a studebaker. lol

Which guys around here are running 4.40's to 4.80's in the 1/8th and trapping 170?

Comment

Lot more time and money to race down south thats for sure. Is that LMR Camaro still running today?
        90 5.0 GT New combo
        11.84 @ 113 1.64 60' Dynoed 428hp 419tq Dyno Vid Dyno sheet

Comment

Originally posted by Z28SSMAN View Post

Which guys around here are running 4.40's to 4.80's in the 1/8th and trapping 170?

Oh you know, So and so's brother, Don't you know:rotfl:

Comment

Originally posted by Z28SSMAN View Post

:) but my car didn't have doors...
            www.twintownterrors.com

The Twin Town Terrors are now on Facebook. Like us!

Comment

Originally posted by MR.hp View Post
              Oh you know, So and so's brother, Don't you know:rotfl:
              Brian Carpenter........Forest Lake Minnesota,in a Ford of course.Has ran quicker

Comment

Yeah, Carpenter's car flys.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yELlmVuUvpU

Comment

Carp is my hero. He was driving a 98 cobra. Don't know if he still drives it tho. He can kick bob's ass so he's the best.
                  Last edited by 98 cobra s/c; 03-08-2012, 09:08 AM.

Comment

The camaro is a radial car, big difference from Brians,its amazing how fast those radial cars are. I never liked them till I shot some races down south, they are a handfull tough,seen some really bad crashs from them.

Comment

Hmmm Kelly I didn't know they used different tires.

Either way though, I agree that they look like a handful and based on some pics my brother sent me, they look pretty dangerous.

Comment

Working...
                      X