2012 Ford Mustang GT convertible
    2013 Ford F-150 FX4 ECOBOOST
    1971 Chevrolet Chevelle SS 454 Clone

and others. :)

600 hp and it can only manage a 11.90?:laughing smile:

Comment

Originally posted by fast toys View Post
      600 hp and it can only manage a 11.90?:laughing smile:
      most cobra boys brag about dyno numbers and get there asses handed to them by gm boys with less hp
      the victim had semen on his trousers

Comment

They both are cool cars, but neither one is gonna run 11s with your average driver at the average track. They both are gonna need mods and then all bets are off. It's just about who is willing to spend the most money. The GT500 may make more power, but the ZL1 looks way better. With forged pistons and 15 lbs of boost I'm sure the ZL1 would make even more power than the Stang.

Comment

I could use one of those in my Miata. 2500 pounds and hang on. I dont care ,either will do.
          Drag Racing,just you,me,and the tree!!

Comment

Ah, car and driver , shelby beat zr-1 with a 11.80. Not very fast but pure stock models used in test. Of course the shelby is lighter and more hp. But this was pure stock models. To make any waves in the real world both need to be modded.

Comment

Yeah, those aren't dragstrip times, but the GT 500 is obviously quicker and should be, based on specs.

What do you mean not make any waves in the real world? Your car is basically a drag car that you occasionally drive on the street. What is your best ET?

Here's an interesting review with live videos of the two..

http://www.motorward.com/2012/06/mot...-shelby-gt500/

Comment

Here's a ZL1 with a few mods runnin 10.7 @ 130

http://youtu.be/DPXq0d-SCEI

I'm sure DNein will say it's heavily modded since it's a Chev.

If it was a GT500, he'd say it's "lightly modded" or "slightly tweaked". :laughing smile:

Comment

Car and driver took them to the track. In the real world most cars at the track are now doing 10's or better.

Comment

Originally posted by HOTCIVIC View Post
                    Here's a ZL1 with a few mods runnin 10.7 @ 130

http://youtu.be/DPXq0d-SCEI

I'm sure DNein will say it's heavily modded since it's a Chev.

If it was a GT500, he'd say it's "lightly modded" or "slightly tweaked". :laughing smile:
                    Don't forget...the GT500 can be modded anyway possible but not considered really modded much if the heads haven't been removed (factory seal hasn't been broken). Modding is always more meaningful if the heads haven't been removed. Lol. Sorry Dan.

Comment

Originally posted by 98 cobra s/c View Post
                      Car and driver took them to the track. In the real world most cars at the track are now doing 10's or better.
                      Sounds like you must have run some 10s recently with your Cobra then. Congrats!

Comment

Originally posted by Z28SSMAN View Post
                        Don't forget...the GT500 can be modded anyway possible but not considered really modded much if the heads haven't been removed (factory seal hasn't been broken). Modding is always more meaningful if the heads haven't been removed. Lol. Sorry Dan.
                        "Yeah this GT500 just had a few small tweaks - took out the backseat, removed the interior, added slicks, full suspension, different blower, different exhaust, methanol injection and C16 gas w/ 25 pounds of boost, added a 2-step and a powerglide - but they didn't crack the factory seal on the heads so it's more impressive than a heads/cam Camaro.

But don't worry guys, I've owned a few GMs in my time so I'm not biased against GM."

Comment

Fordlogic. Lol :laughing smile:

Comment

http://www.jdmtube.com/video/306/201...le-PBIR-Moroso
                            90 5.0 GT New combo
                            11.84 @ 113 1.64 60' Dynoed 428hp 419tq Dyno Vid Dyno sheet

Comment

Originally posted by Z28SSMAN View Post
                              Sounds like you must have run some 10s recently with your Cobra then. Congrats!

Off a cliff :rotfl::laughing smile:

Comment

Working...
                              X