Wagners August 4th

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wagners August 4th

Anyone? Just washing the car might head over for a bit!

Might go this Sat. night. Anyone else?

Comment

Anyone want to try for the Saturday the 18th?

Comment

I could do that.

Comment

Might head over? Anyone?

Comment

Here having a burger.

Comment

I drove by and no one was there at 8 so we went to the car show at Crookdale Chev. There were a ton of people there and over 100 cars in the show. Looks like it's going to rain so no St. Paul tonight. Hope your car runs good at B.I.R. next weekend. If everything comes together I may be at the Rock next Sat. to test the NOS system.

Comment

Originally posted by MR.hp View Post
                I drove by and no one was there at 8 so we went to the car show at Crookdale Chev. There were a ton of people there and over 100 cars in the show. Looks like it's going to rain so no St. Paul tonight. Hope your car runs good at B.I.R. next weekend. If everything comes together I may be at the Rock next Sat. to test the NOS system.
                Crookdale? :laughing smile:

Comment

Good luck at the rock. Was there two weeks ago and never saw them prep the track. Blew the tires off every pass.

Comment

Originally posted by bbcmalibu View Post
                    Good luck at the rock. Was there two weeks ago and never saw them prep the track. Blew the tires off every pass.

I have been going to the Rock since 1979 and ever since Al has put in the Concrete launch pad I have not had too much trouble. The key to hooking there is to have slicks. Street tires even drag radials do not shock the tires very hard IMO, but what do I know. Was there the year before last and when I ran the 10.39 I went out about 40 ft. then hit the spray and the car hooked just fine. Now your Malibu is a different story as it uses a four link suspension and need to be set up a little different than a leaf spring car. When I used to run my wagon years ago I could not get it to hook for shit, after putting in an air bag on the right side and playing around with springs I found that a wagon spring on the right side with a 50 50 shock and the bag made tha car hook pretty good and lifted straight.

I look at it this way if you and I were to meet up on the street and race there would be no prep so anything is better than that. If you want to talk about no prep go to BIR on the Wed. night drags, Absolutely no prep period.

Comment

Originally posted by MR.hp View Post
                      I have been going to the Rock since 1979 and ever since Al has put in the Concrete launch pad I have not had too much trouble. The key to hooking there is to have slicks. Street tires even drag radials do not shock the tires very hard IMO, but what do I know. Was there the year before last and when I ran the 10.39 I went out about 40 ft. then hit the spray and the car hooked just fine. Now your Malibu is a different story as it uses a four link suspension and need to be set up a little different than a leaf spring car. When I used to run my wagon years ago I could not get it to hook for shit, after putting in an air bag on the right side and playing around with springs I found that a wagon spring on the right side with a 50 50 shock and the bag made tha car hook pretty good and lifted straight.

I look at it this way if you and I were to meet up on the street and race there would be no prep so anything is better than that. If you want to talk about no prep go to BIR on the Wed. night drags, Absolutely no prep period.
                      Well you got me on the 1979 thing.

First off I was not in my car. Dads 59 corvette. 10.00 second car

Second the kid doing tech didn't know what kind of car it was and then asked if it had a bbc or a sbc after we opened the hood?

Watched super comp and super gas guys blow the tires off.

Had to put water in the burnout box myself because it was dry.
                      One guy pulling cars up and then setting the tree for them.

I grew up at at this track and have never seen this track this bad.

My opinion

Comment

I have never seen that at the Rock before, if that is the case Al should be told about it.

Comment

Been hearing lots of bad things about the rock? I was a great track but it has been going down hill.

Comment

Anyone going to Wagner's tonight?

Joel
                            There is more stupidity than hydrogen in the universe, and it has a longer shelf life. - Frank Zappa

Comment

Originally posted by Fast One View Post
                              Anyone going to Wagner's tonight?

Joel
                              Could meet you up there if you are planning on going Joel.

Comment

Working...
                              X